• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Voids are doin it

• Thread starter Bullseye_of_Atl
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Bullseye_of_Atl

givin vorpals out like candy, just got 3 in like 20-25 mins.
Fallin in pack too.....tho I did get my butt kicked clear across to brit cemetary once......lol

B

Bullseye_of_Atl

Guess it don't no more. I kinda figured they'd pull something like this. After the light demon handout, know what I mean?

G

yah. they always do this though, they put something out that has potential then complete over kill

G

pfft, and this is supposed to replace the EM program...I'm less than fulfilled!

G

Thank the Lord i thought on and sold mine days agao for 12m....seems they are starting to drop like confetti like the vorpals did!!

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

pfft, and this is supposed to replace the EM program...I'm less than fulfilled!

[/ QUOTE ]

The majority of people on the shards never got the chance to participate in ANY of the EM events, as there either was no notification that there was one happening, or they were planned for times when most people would be either at work or asleep. Only a select few made it to the majority of them. I know this for FACT as I know some of the people that were "in the know".

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please dont start this argument again.

Global events are not meant to replace EM program. UO has a rich history of global events going back pre-trammel days; it is definitely not something new that was cooked up to replace EM program.

It is also a myth that only a select few got event items. Yes there were groups that got more items than others in the recent arcs but at end of the day far more rewards were given out to random players. It is also a myth that events were largely unattended by anyone. Yes, on some shards this might be true (or so I hear) but for the most part they had a very healthy attendance. I have not been to a single EM event ever which did not have at 100+ players participating. Lag was usually the problem and not lack of players.

In summary, there is no reason why both cannot exist. When EM program was canceled, UO lost a very unique aspect and we are all worse off because of it. Kapish.

C

Connor_Graham

"Furthermore, there is no reason why both cannot exist."

With strict controls by EA/Mythic themselves, along with adequate notification, no there isn't, and I'd even welcome it. The past events though, left a lot to be desired for the majority of the playerbase.

G

I sold one early on for 6 million so I'm content. Today's low prices (that I've seen) are Vorpal 150K and Pyros 50K.

Artifact Rarity 12/12

C

Connor_Graham

I sold one vorpal for 7mil, another for 4. Sold one staff yesterday for 500k, and another a few days ago for 2mil. Not too bad all things considered.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do wonder about their thought process.

Reward for killing monsters - and defending the city = dime a dozen weapon.

Reward for blowing up the city = potentially very nice rubble.

B

Bullseye_of_Atl

Well...here's another way of looking at it, they'll make great stocking stuffers!!

UCCDog

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
maybe you guys know a trick or something, got on last night killed about 20 or so didn't get one took me alot longer than 20mins too

C

Connor_Graham

No trick. Just get in on the start of a fresh one and beat the crap out of it. I got 12 of em last night, and so far another 1 this morning. That's along with the 17 staves yesterday and the 2 so far today...

G

The majority of people on the shards never got the chance to participate in ANY of the EM events, as there either was no notification that there was one happening, or they were planned for times when most people would be either at work or asleep. Only a select few made it to the majority of them. I know this for FACT as I know some of the people that were "in the know".
-----------------

Bingo!

G

<blockquote><hr>

-----------------

Bingo!

[/ QUOTE ]

or this is still utter rubbish...the events were always announced before hand, often a day in advance so just b/c you may not have known how to tell that they were happening dont claim there was no announcement made. In addition if you played on a shard that was in the same time zone as the state you lived in when the program was active then you would have been able to attend the events as they often occured on the weekends in the mid to late afternoon. If you didnt play on a shard with an EM, well thats your own fault for being unwilling to move, xshard, or create a char else where.

G

Clearly colored fish renamed with status updates to when an event will take place based on how well cooked the name was, special gems with a book telling you what each color meant, royal guard shields, crystals, and even shard wide system echo's are by no means a form of notification.

Sorry but an EM won't come show up next to you while you're scripting to inform you an event is about to start. Anyone who was semi interested in events knew to check their shard's starting point every night at the same time which was usually Lord British's castle. On some it was serps or even blackthorn castle for some events.

To state otherwise is simply trying to put down a program that was good until things started to be created with overpowered mods. Just because you personally did not put forth any effort to LOOK for events doesn't mean they never notified people ahead of time.

I as well as many other people had characters on every single shard logged out at the EM starting points (ie castle brit) and logged in a cycle each night to check them all. I even went as far as to gearing up and working gm mage and hiding on every char before x-sharding them out to their final destination so they wouldn't be useless during killing events.

Even if you just BANK SAT the entire time an event was going to take place, even the town criers would spout about the events for at least 15 minutes if not longer, I never stayed around long enough to see when it stopped. If you attended any events you would clearly see that a lack of players was never the case.

It was always the contrary, way too many people crammed into a single location spamming and causing lag while the EM tried to conduct the storyline. But I'm sure you both knew that seeing as how you were on top of things for events and things related right?