• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vituoso Tunic cant add mage armor ... help

Lord Bishop

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recently came back to uo and used turn in pts to collect the bard set. I left a property slot to make the tunic mage armor as I had read it was studded no basic leather armor. The revamp to armor had already taken place so I went to the mage guildmaster and he said he could not work with that material. I cant imbue it anymore due to the revamp so what the heck do I do. The suit is worthless to me without it being medable. Please help... was this an unintended and fixable oversight by the devs due to the revamp or do they think the tunic should be nonmedable (worthless?)

Last edited:

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I too have a bard that wants the suit to be medible... Hoping you get an answer here.

Wolfman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recently came back to uo and used turn in pts to collect the bard set. I left a property slot to make the tunic mage armor as I had read it was studded no basic leather armor. The revamp to armor had already taken place so I went to the mage guildmaster and he said he could not work with that material. I cant imbue it anymore due to the revamp so what the heck do I do. The suit is worthless to me without it being medable. Please help... was this an unintended and fixable oversight by the devs due to the revamp or do they think the tunic should be nonmedable (worthless?)
Did you leave the 100 points in property weight free that is required to put "mage armor" on? Some of my guild did not do it and so they cannot use it anymore....

Lord Bishop

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mage armor no longer has a weight as you cannot imbue it directly you have to pay a mage guildmaster 250k to put it on the armor. You just have to leave a property slot ie not have 5 imbued prop b4 placing mage armor. But just to be safe I left over 100 pts for the tunic. I couldn't imbue it with mage armor which I expected but when the new method of the mage guildmaster failed also I was screwed.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you still imbue it after having the mage guildmaster put Mage armor on (assuming it has property weight free)?

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, it can't be done. Tunic taken straight from clean up npc to mage guild master gets you 'I cannot modify that item'

Lord Bishop

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, it can't be done. Tunic taken straight from clean up npc to mage guild master gets you 'I cannot modify that item'
I realize it cant be done the question is when will they fix it? Having one pcs be non med on a suit that requires constant mana upkeep is shall we say a poor design

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's unfortunate and hopefully overlooked... And hopefully to be corrected..

Last edited:

manufacturedsoul

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I ran into the same problem. My solution was to make my bard a Mystic and use Focus. Without needing Med the suit works just fine. Sure it sucks for a mage bard but I'm guessing these suits were intended for Mystics if there is no way to imbue or pay for mage armor property anymore, which is fine by me.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I ran into the same problem. My solution was to make my bard a Mystic and use Focus. Without needing Med the suit works just fine. Sure it sucks for a mage bard but I'm guessing these suits were intended for Mystics if there is no way to imbue or pay for mage armor property anymore, which is fine by me.
Not sure I understand how you can say that the Virtuoso suit, which gives Bard Mastery bonus's (which are VERY mana intensive), was meant for anyone but a Bard?

Lord Bishop

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you use the bard masteries for grp or just use the bard skill itself for single targets kind of monster spawn? I was wondering if focus could replace med but thought its to man intense to keep a bard song up. Also my voker and disco tunes are mage based :(. My reason for asking if the tunic is an oversight is the tunic could be made mage armor when the skill was imbued, but since pub 81 changed it to being placed the mage armor is no longer possible so I thought it was unintended.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Clearly the bonus if the suit and being fully medable is too OP. Isnt it obvious that this would make bards so powerful as to completely eliminate the need for any other template in PvM or PvP... Thus ending UO as we know it.

In all seriousness though, I have an pre-patch imbued suit so that it was fully medable. Although it wasn't quite as utterly useless as the fisherman suit, I found very little actual noticeable benefit to wearing it. It now sits collecting dust on a mannequin in favor of a higher luck suit.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...... In all seriousness though, I have an pre-patch imbued suit so that it was fully medable. Although it wasn't quite as utterly useless as the fisherman suit, I found very little actual noticeable benefit to wearing it. It now sits collecting dust on a mannequin in favor of a higher luck suit.
My experience also.... Very "underdone"...