• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vista and SA

Yellow Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I looked through the search and didn't find an answer for this so maybe someone can help. My son's laptop has vista and he is using the enhanced client or rather trying to. When he put his cursor on Atlantic to log in the pointer is on Atlantic but when he clicks the mouse the page shifts way to the left. ?? Any Ideas?

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok I looked through the search and didn't find an answer for this so maybe someone can help. My son's laptop has vista and he is using the enhanced client or rather trying to. When he put his cursor on Atlantic to log in the pointer is on Atlantic but when he clicks the mouse the page shifts way to the left. ?? Any Ideas?
Hi Yellow Beard - best place to look is the Enhanced Client Beta Board. A few things to check: is he running the Enhanced Client in Admin Mode? Also does the laptop have an Nividia video card? If so has it been updated recently? If yes then look in the "add/remove programs" list for an Nividia Network manager or some such thing. If it is there, remove it. It also may have to do with the resolution of the game window. Your description seems to ring a bell with something I have read on the EC boards (http://vboards.stratics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=454).

Good luck!

Thav12

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bet he is running SA in a window. Try hitting alt-enter and go full screen. Some video drivers seem to mess things up when running SA in a window. Full screen is better anyway. Only downside is the inability to ICQ and run SA full screen at the same time. You will need to alt-tab to ICQ when you hear Oh-Oh

If that is not the issue, disregard the above. Full screen still better though :)

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like his desktop size is larger than the display supports natively so it basically scrolls to show the other display area. Just set the desktop size to the supported display resolution.

If the pointer isn't lining up with things then the game size is larger than a single display or some variation.

-Lorax

S

sevan

I had some of the same mouse type problems, here is what I tried (some of it already suggested):

-Update/Reinstall Video Drivers
-Try different desktop sizes/resolution settings
-Try full screen vs. window mode
-Reinstall Direct X