• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vista 64-bit

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone out there know if the 2d client, UOA & UOAM install/work okay on the Vista 64-bit operating system?

E

Ericge99

Aye ... works fine ... just have a different way of launching it, is all.
Simple ... right click in icon and allow.

Ancient Sosarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I obtained an extremely nice new system, monitor, the works, hoping only that UO/2D would run well on it.

My greatest REGRET is that I also got Vista Home Premium 64 bit for the operating system.

I have had NOTHING but problems. Unexpected Windows shut-downs, client closes, screen freezes...AAAARRRGGHHH!

I have been working with BOTH the PC Manufacturer AND Microsoft for almost 2 weeks now with NO improvement and none in sight.

I CANNOT recommend VISTA to anyone, not even an enemy, if I had any.

p.s. maybe, during a spiteful moment I could recommend Vista to EA's entire Dev Team...but even for them it's only a maybe

L

Lord Richard

Too bad, if you could possibly locate the manufacturers driver base for that computer for XP you could always reinstall the OS to XP...but Ill bet, they didn't build a driver base for XP computers (possibly) Microsoft wants to sell only Vista now a days. I understand the support for XP is, at this time, indefinite, but that can change.:popcorn:

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I obtained an extremely nice new system, monitor, the works, hoping only that UO/2D would run well on it.

My greatest REGRET is that I also got Vista Home Premium 64 bit for the operating system.

I have had NOTHING but problems. Unexpected Windows shut-downs, client closes, screen freezes...AAAARRRGGHHH!

I have been working with BOTH the PC Manufacturer AND Microsoft for almost 2 weeks now with NO improvement and none in sight.

I CANNOT recommend VISTA to anyone, not even an enemy, if I had any.
I use Vista almost exclusively since it's release on multiple machines - and never found any of the problems you listed. The only thing which ever brought Vista down, have been Beta versions of updates conflicting with installed drivers. There are also a few applications which crash on themself due to compatibility issues, but this has reduced over time with several fixes.

So said, either (one of?) the drivers or the system hardware itself is bugged. Check the event log, if you can find more detailed error messages there, and try the Microsoft Communities (preconfigured on Vista in Windows Mail).

You can use disk managent to reduce the size of your Vista partition.
This would create space for installing XP (if you have a version at your hands). To get Vista back to run, you would have to use it's startup repair feature, which is offered if you boot from the DVD.
But running XP on that PC would show you, if the hardware is the issue or the Vista drivers or Vista/Bios combo have a problem.
*Salute*
Olahorand