• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Virtuoso suit?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried reading up on it, but my eyes glazed over at the math involved.

In simple terms, if my char has 120 music, disco, provo is it worth getting this suit?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
It's been a while since I've been involved with them, and I don't use them me self, but if memory serves me correctly they add a 5% bonus to your disco, provo and peace when the suit is activated.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why does the suit still say 2x Bard Mastery ? Why is this the only thread I can find, besides the Imbuing one, that even talks about this suit ? I put the suit on under 1 of the provo mastery spells, and it had no effect at all. Where's the benefit of wearing it ?

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The suit is activated, there are no benefits to just wearing it and never activating it. Multiple pieces give multiple activations. But if you never activate it, it does nothing for you.
The suit doubles the Bard Mastery bonus. So if you haven't gotten a mastery, it doesnt help you at all either.

The mastery bonus is 10% on the skill of your mastery, and 5% on all other bard skills. This is what gets doubled when the suit is activated.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought the benifit was the chance of actually hitting a disco, peace or prove and not to the actual spell. This was the impression that I was under when they first came out and hence why I do use the suit for my secondary chars.

Well I guess I was wrong with my idea.

Last edited:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The suit is activated, there are no benefits to just wearing it and never activating it. Multiple pieces give multiple activations. But if you never activate it, it does nothing for you.
The suit doubles the Bard Mastery bonus. So if you haven't gotten a mastery, it doesnt help you at all either.

The mastery bonus is 10% on the skill of your mastery, and 5% on all other bard skills. This is what gets doubled when the suit is activated.
And you activate it how exactly ? And multiple pieces give multiple activations ? You lost me there too.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok I dbl clicked the tunic and it activated it. But when i dbl click the gloves it say
You are already under the virtuoso effect and cannot activate this item now.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe the cooldown period for each piece is 5 minutes. (Someone else can confirm that)
So when you activate the effect, it lasts for a short duration and you can't activate it from that same piece again for a while. If you have multiple pieces you can essentially activate it more times in a row, or space them out so that you are essentially getting a shorter cooldown.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have the suit and I use it. You can only activate a single piece at a time and the effect is pretty darn short lived. I thought that it would give me a better chance at Disco or Provo on the Unbound EV's, but I'm still not convinced that it does. I have everything max'd out, 4x120 Real, and I have a very, very hard time on them even with the suit activated.

In short, if you're rich in points and aren't conflicted by having to decide between one reward over another - then get one. Maybe they'll fix it to be more effective in the future... I can hope.

Last edited:

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, and if your bard wants his mana to regen, then you need to imbue the chest for it.