• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Virtuebane Invasion on Origin (Spoilers)

C

Cal_Mythic

In case they don't:

----------------------------------------
"They tried to block me."

"But they failed, Lord Virtuebane."

"They will try to fight me."

"Some will, Lord Virtuebane. But they will fail. And some will help us."

Virtuebane laughed. His laugh always echoed. Always. "Foolish indeed. Pride is my strength, and their weakness. It is Pride to help me, and Pride to fight me, and Pride to think they can not do either. They will suffer either way."

"Yes they will, my Lord."

"Let it begin, then,"

"Yes, my Lord."

[[Section Break]]

It was cold. There was a fireplace in the room, but why waste the firewood when the fire never warmed the room up anyway?

This was a private room, few knew how to access it. It had been Lord British's room to pray and meditate. And now it was Queen Dawn's. She sometimes wondered if Casca ever came down here.

It was....humble. Two benches facing each other, a fireplace, a cleverly disguised door, and an ankh with a padded kneeler in front of it. The floor was stone; no rug. It made Queen Dawn chuckle sometimes, to think of how even Lord British couldn't kneel on this floor for very long, hence the padded kneeler.

Sometimes, but not today. Today, the Lioness of Britannia (as some insisted on calling her) knelt at the ankh and quietly cried. The Virtues did not speak to her. Or, if they did, she hadn't figured out how to hear them.

She didn't hear her aide, one of the few who knew how to find this chamber, enter. "My Queen?"

"Yes?" She wiped her tears, and stood up, and turned around. Her armor was already on, her sword already at her side.

"It has begun, My Queen."

She nodded. The two of them left the chamber. The castle, though far from empty, seemed so today, until they got to the Throne Room. There stood her elite guard, replacements for the ones who had died the night the Crystal was taken. They were less trained and less experienced than the dead ones were.

Dawn looked them over, trying to portray a warrior's confidence that she no longer felt. They need this, need me to be strong, she thought. All they really have is training and strength. They are untested.

"It has begun," she told them. "And we go to fight. For some of you, this is the first fight, the first real fight, you're ever been in. Stick together, stay together. Keep an eye on each other, cross-heal when you have to, don't be afraid to retreat if you have to." They didn't like that. Battle for them was just a theory so far, and that theory included neither loss nor retreat. They will, the Queen reflected, learn the reality soon enough.

"It will be the people who will win this," the Queen continued. "We are but their assistants, and their example."

"But my Queen," one of them said, breaking protocol and earning angry glances from the others. "Some of them....Fight for him." For Virtuebane.

"I know." How could I not know, fool. My husband might be among them. Or might be used as their shield. "But some fight with us. We will deal with the others after we win." Ors will not survive this. She drew her sword, held it high, like she'd been taught when she was just a girl.

"For Virtue," she said.

"For Virtue, and Queen Dawn," they replied in unison.

"Let's go."

------------------------------------------------------------

EA, consider yourself allowed to use this fiction in whole or in part.

Either way you simply must put Dawn in the fight, or allow/require the Event Moderators to do so. She can't remain on the sidelines forever; it's not her character.

-Galen's player
Thanks, Galen ... there's a bit more to it but as always appreciate your posts!

- C

C

Cal_Mythic

In case they don't:

----------------------------------------
"They tried to block me."

"But they failed, Lord Virtuebane."

"They will try to fight me."

"Some will, Lord Virtuebane. But they will fail. And some will help us."

Virtuebane laughed. His laugh always echoed. Always. "Foolish indeed. Pride is my strength, and their weakness. It is Pride to help me, and Pride to fight me, and Pride to think they can not do either. They will suffer either way."

"Yes they will, my Lord."

"Let it begin, then,"

"Yes, my Lord."

[[Section Break]]

It was cold. There was a fireplace in the room, but why waste the firewood when the fire never warmed the room up anyway?

This was a private room, few knew how to access it. It had been Lord British's room to pray and meditate. And now it was Queen Dawn's. She sometimes wondered if Casca ever came down here.

It was....humble. Two benches facing each other, a fireplace, a cleverly disguised door, and an ankh with a padded kneeler in front of it. The floor was stone; no rug. It made Queen Dawn chuckle sometimes, to think of how even Lord British couldn't kneel on this floor for very long, hence the padded kneeler.

Sometimes, but not today. Today, the Lioness of Britannia (as some insisted on calling her) knelt at the ankh and quietly cried. The Virtues did not speak to her. Or, if they did, she hadn't figured out how to hear them.

She didn't hear her aide, one of the few who knew how to find this chamber, enter. "My Queen?"

"Yes?" She wiped her tears, and stood up, and turned around. Her armor was already on, her sword already at her side.

"It has begun, My Queen."

She nodded. The two of them left the chamber. The castle, though far from empty, seemed so today, until they got to the Throne Room. There stood her elite guard, replacements for the ones who had died the night the Crystal was taken. They were less trained and less experienced than the dead ones were.

Dawn looked them over, trying to portray a warrior's confidence that she no longer felt. They need this, need me to be strong, she thought. All they really have is training and strength. They are untested.

"It has begun," she told them. "And we go to fight. For some of you, this is the first fight, the first real fight, you're ever been in. Stick together, stay together. Keep an eye on each other, cross-heal when you have to, don't be afraid to retreat if you have to." They didn't like that. Battle for them was just a theory so far, and that theory included neither loss nor retreat. They will, the Queen reflected, learn the reality soon enough.

"It will be the people who will win this," the Queen continued. "We are but their assistants, and their example."

"But my Queen," one of them said, breaking protocol and earning angry glances from the others. "Some of them....Fight for him." For Virtuebane.

"I know." How could I not know, fool. My husband might be among them. Or might be used as their shield. "But some fight with us. We will deal with the others after we win." Ors will not survive this. She drew her sword, held it high, like she'd been taught when she was just a girl.

"For Virtue," she said.

"For Virtue, and Queen Dawn," they replied in unison.

"Let's go."

------------------------------------------------------------

EA, consider yourself allowed to use this fiction in whole or in part.

Either way you simply must put Dawn in the fight, or allow/require the Event Moderators to do so. She can't remain on the sidelines forever; it's not her character.

-Galen's player

Oh and ... we'll do our best to get it passed all the grammer chekkerz and stuffs, tew.

- C