• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Virtue Patrol [VvV] - May 17th 3:30pm - 5:00pm EST

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event: Virtue Patrol of the Active VvV Cities
Date and Time: THIS SUNDAY, May 17th 3:30pm Est - 5:00pm Est

"To Stand on One's Own Two Feet"

Construction was underway, the stone was expensive, all the wealth and materials the colonists had gathered in their time in this land was being poured into the construction of the acropolis, a raised dais overlooking what would be the future Lorian Colony. The acropolis of Sancytm Ex would hold the castle and most of the government buildings and was reachable only through a narrow mountain pass. The acropolis itself was protected on three sides by impassable mountains and a thick stone wall and heavy gates would seal the entrance to the pass. The main colony would sit below and in times of danger, the colonist could retreat behind the walls to the acropolis area for protection.

Amidst all the construction, Lore met with Princess Nikki and the young knights of Loria: Squall st John, Jean Luc Moriart, Saengtlem, Valiquin Lok and even young Khundon. They sat in simple wooden chairs in a yet unfinished hall that would one day be the throne room of a grand castle, or so he hoped. He hated leaving while the Colony remained under construction and his Knights training incomplete, but he had no choice.

"I must depart the Colony and return to the main kingdom. I've received a letter from Carinthian informing me of a matter that must be addressed and which requires my immediate attention. I shall be gone for six months, Princess Nikki has full authority in my absence as Princess De'lora and shall lead the Royal Council until my return. I will inform Lord Dupre of my departure and suspend the summer and fall Virtue patrols until my return."

Princess Nikki stepped forward, "If I may M'lord..", Lore nodded and took a step back surprised to see such fierce confidence in the young princess's eyes as she continued, "I see no reason for the patrols to be suspended. I shall coordinate with our allies to keep our pledge to Britannia and personally see to the protection of its cities and people."

Lore smiled, she was already more then he hoped.

Nikki caught Lore's smile out of the corner of her eye but continued unabashed, "You have taught us and our allies a great deal about war and tactics, but what is the point in training us, if we must rely on you for everything. No doubt the patrol will miss your presence, as will we all, but at the same time your absence may be an important part to its development. I believe the White Council patrol is more then capable of standing on its own two feet."

"You are quite right and I apologize. I do worry for you and the young knights but I agree, tis time. A bird that is not pushed from the nest never learns to fly and will perish. You are in command Princess, Virtue Keep you, Till All Are One"

Lore saluted and turned to depart, he could see the young knights standing in support of their Princess, ready to prove themselves ready. These young birds would not have to be pushed from the nest, they would jump head long into danger without a moments hesitation.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Look forward to the battles, hope the Vice will claim the towns this time *Evil Grin*

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Good turnout for the first 40 minutes. Say what you will, GIL can field a big group and hold a spot tenaciously. And I got to resurrect Lord British (sort of)....

;)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yes all was fun, but total chaos :)
And GIL did great, so did FYOU with only 3 players and 2 pets

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
When I get home from work, I will look in my journal to see how many we was. It was great to see so many out to try PvP, even when it ended up in chaos with so many trying to claim one alter.
First sundays with this kind of event, GIL had it very easy, this time they really had to fight to try to control the town.
There was 3 sides, GIL's alliance, FYOU and the B^A alliance, and then a joker L I E.

There was a issue with looting as GIL had declared several times in Gen Chat, that they was going to get the L I E first and dry loot him, so there was no way to stop looting in this event or expect him to not loot.

Did FYOU help him? hard to say, as GIL already was their target.
When L I E killed one of B^A, turned against L I E, else I guess it could had looked like B^A alliance did help him too as Virtue was our enemy.

It had been cool, if we could had keeped it to be a fight about the alters and all alliances fighting to keep others of the alter. I players died, they could res, but if they did not leave the alter and the screens around it, they would risk to die again.

Maybe each alliance need their own color robe next time to make it easier to see who to fight.

Just my thoughts

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad everyone had fun, war often turns into Chaos. As the story says I am out of town these next two weeks [6 months] and am sorry I missed the fun. I usually write up the re-cap from my character's perspective but if anyone else wants to do so while I am away they are welcome. Its always nice to see other IC and IG perspectives.

Lore

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
BA didn't help FYOU or Diablo. We discussed this before the event. Because Freja and Lore were trying to create a shard wide pvp event, we as a group agreed to not aggro against any vice players so long as it was only a vice vs virtue activity, and we would not loot in support of this. This was discussed with FYOU before the event. While some of us had reservations about this, we were trying to support the event. As anyone there could see, this went fine until the third group arrived. At that point FYOU began attacking all sides and the dry looting began. I mention this so everyone's clear.

Personally, I know a lot were upset and I myself lost my stuff and got locked out of continuing the event. Freja really wanted us to give TRU and Diablo and chance and she should be commended for that. But people will play in the way they enjoy the most. For some, shard events are not any different from a day at Luna bank. It isn't like there was a lack of history there. The whole, "Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice, shame on me" thing apples here. I would love to have seen TRU fight with the rest of us again, but it isn't going to happen. The sooner we accept that there is a little element of chaos here that cannot be allied with or trusted the sooner we will be able to prepare for that. TRU and Diablo are going to get you every chance they get. There will be no agreement otherwise that can be trusted. While I hate that we had to end the event early, I think that the silver lining here is the survival skills on Siege has gotten dusty, esp with Bo and Fean being away from game so much. Now everyone has to step up their game. So while I like the events like net toss, etc, I will only attend those knowing I'm going to eat dirt until I get better at making others eat dirt. And thanks to our new element of chaos, I'd better start learning a lot sooner than later.

Some discussion occurred afterwards about planning private events that would include everyone but team chaos. I understand the reasoning, but think that will be a little self defeating in that new shard players will likely miss those events. And there's always a chance an uninvited guest happens to walk by serendipitously. So I would argue it will be better in the long run to prepare for their arrival over trying to avoid them.

Becca

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The talk in general chat about Gilfane killing and looting diablo dry only happened after he had dry looted 3 Gilfane . One or two of which he didnt even kill

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The talk in general chat about Gilfane killing and looting diablo dry only happened after he had dry looted 3 Gilfane . One or two of which he didnt even kill
I believe one was speaking in chat, the days before the event about GIL going join up with all to kill and loot Diablo.

I tryed to stop that, both with speaking with Diablo and with GIL. I do believe Diablo would have fighted side by Vice and not looted, if GIL had agreed to it. Sadly I failed to get GIL to agree and Diablo did not have much other choice than try to kill first, stay alive and loot before he died and got looted.

All the years, I did run NEW and NEW2, I learned, sending someone out to kill and loot the ones, who was killing NEW/NEW2 and looting them would only make it worse. I had my way to handle it and it did work, I never had problems with Diablo killing my members.

Last edited:

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got to tell you the event was a lot of fun. I icqed tru before the event started and we agreed that we would have a silent alliance for the vent. lets face it, both FYOU and B^A are grossly out numbered. so to put up a unified front to win the town seemed to be in our best intrest(collectively). before diablo showed up, darkstar, for whatever reason, attacked and killed gujeck. I am not sure why but it happened. I know I was also guilty of throwing poison fields on the alter when FYOU was trying to claim it. that was not intentional, I wasn't payn attention.....may bad. after Diablo showed up it all went down hill from there. I am not sure of the details, but it did certainly look like FYOU wasn't trying to kill diablo but help him. FYOU attacking all the guilds and letn diablo pick off people while he is killing people on his own. looked like what was happening. that may or may not be the case. but that is what it looked like. but no matter if you like it or not diabo is allowed to play his way if he wishes

all I am sayn is, I am pretty certain its not about dying and loosing a suit. this is siege and people are allowed to play how they wish. I think its more along the lines of this that has people upset:
you get caught slippn somewhere out in the world and loose your suit......fine. you do a spawn and get raided and loose a suit .........fine. you are at an EM event and get wacked .......fine. out doing a tmap and get killed......fine. BUT a pvp shard event where everyone agrees to play nice and just have fun that gets ruined by one person who just enjoys like see people be miserable............uncool

if you don't like the way people act you are gonna have to accept it or do something about it. that's all it comes down to. this is just my humble opinion.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I feeled we was alot more than I can find in my journal, I can see we did alot fighting before it went crazy with looting, really alot of good fighting and enemies ressing each others. I believe most died several times. I see there was only 3 FYOU, must be the big dragons that made them look like a bigger force :p

I know I did attack MrNastyTime , it was a mistake. I was later attacked of several FYOU, did first see that in the journal. I also see Diablo had part in 2 of the times I died, however not even my quiver was looted.
Nor was Mish looted :).

I hope it's not last time we do this, it was fun!

Here is my list of players and pets:

Silent Singer [B^A] [VvV]
Wubba [B^A] [VvV]
(Spitter)
Dark Star [B^A] [VvV]

Freja [TDO*] [VvV]
Mish o sha [TDO*] [VvV]

T r u [FYOU] [VvV]
(whtTHEfisURproblem)
Lord MrNastyTime [FYOU]
(MC NastyTime)
Gu'Jek [FYOU]

Madison De Mer [L*H] [VvV]
Pinkerton [MAD!] [VvV]

(Anders Ethereal Puppy)
dyno [GIL] [VvV]
Richard Garriott [GIL] [VvV]
Susie [GIL] [VvV]
Lady Hoffs [GIL] [VvV]
(dodger)
Becca [GIL] [VvV]
Lord Ander The Brave Knight of Skara Brae [VvV]
Boolean [GIL] [VvV]
(Ankle Biter)
Ter Yaap Art [GIL] [VvV]
Delores Duende [GIL] [VvV]

L I E [NH] [VvV]
Provincia [ZOO]

Last edited:

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What guilds are MAD and LH? I think I attacked Pinkerton once thinking that was a GIL player. Whoever you are, if you fought for Vice my apologies. :)

Marisa Kirisame

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I thought L I E was for KIDS. And Pinkerton fought for virtue last time, the lone fellow in the city of Britain.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
He was KIDS, he made a new guild