• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Village Faction Wars (Discussion)

Ethereal Void Imperium

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last night the announcement about Factions wars was made by the Ethereal Guide. The Imperium OOC Leadership (Bam Bam, Wildstar and Gareth) would like to open this for discussion to you all. We have been thinking about this for awhile and have a few of our own ideas to share with you. These are just our ideas and they are not set in stone. We want this to be something you guys build and want to be apart of.

Now these "Faction Wars" do not have to happen every day or week. This is just something to allow you to enhance your interaction. No one has to partake in them. Only the Guilds, Tribes. Covens, Clans, Societies etc that are signed up may partake.

Guilds Signed Up
[FONT=verdana, comic sans ms][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]Youkaiko
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/FONT]Coven of Vampires
[FONT=verdana, comic sans ms][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]Tonkaweya Tribe
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana, comic sans ms][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]Society Of The Honorius

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, comic sans ms]OOC Leadership Ideas[/FONT]

Area of Influence

The land area your faction has the greatest influence upon. This area will be outlined by borders on a map. You cannot create laws or banish anyone from the area but you may be able to influence certain aspects of the village. (RP aspects not OOC aspects.)

Area of influence Start Point
To be fair each faction will start out with a small area of influence. This will be a circle area around your factions "guildhouse". Over time you will branch out to cover more territory. If your faction has two houses next to each other your starting area of influence will be put in the middle of your two homes.

Challenge (How to challenge)
Each faction will be allowed to choose a faction color. This color will represent your faction within the village. During interaction if you wish to challenge another faction you will equip a Metal Kite Shield. This shield will be dyed the color of your faction and alert the other roleplayer you would like to engage in RP battle.

Challenge (How to reject)
Not everyone will always want to engage in battle. They might even be afk and not paying attention. If they do not equip their shield then you may not enter into battle. Both should try to work out a way to avoid battle.

[FONT=verdana, comic sans ms][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is an intriguing idea to add some spice to village life. I would be interested in participating.

T

Tiger Lily

This could be alot of fun, If we have enough people. Looks like I need to get back to recruiting!

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
To me it is not about numbers to make things great. I put in Ten hours to put on the boat race on Tuesday. Even if it is just one person that is more then zero but I do like the enthusiasm of recruitment.

Keep up the great work all. :grouphug:

Mirt has been put in charge of this project. I will see if I can get him to post some of the things he has been working on. I know many have given some ideas and even Benito had some stuff as well. So if you have ideas either post them here or send them over to Mirt. (Do not, I repeat, do not send them to me!!! They will just get lost in the stack of papers or get stolen by one of the 500 little creatures running in my head.)

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok everybody, its time to get this to start running. First of all, it is important for all those who wish to particapate it is important that at the very least your faction/guild leader gets in touch with me at ICQ 573882459. The bigest element is that we have decided to try and open this up to multiple styles of play so that fighting, stealthing/theives, and down right ingeniousness will all play a part in determining who will be victorious.

Benito

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did the colored metal kite shield idea go away?

I hope so, since it precludes two handed weapon use and would seriously mess with character gear. Who ever heard of a savage or thief using a metal kite shield?

They way I understand it now is that we use colored gear or a marker to designate who is up for a fight.

- Society of the Honorious carries a wand to show aggression
- Youkaiko uses dark green natural dyed gear (weapons, boots, other)

What do CoV and T_T use?