• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Swordsmanship] Viable LJ Template

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
Hi, never posted to this forum are before and not sure if this question is where this belongs.

I want to go to Fel to get lumber and was wondering if this template would be viable:

swords 120
LJ 100
tact 100
anant 100
bush 100
chiv 100
heal 100

I'm not sure, but will bushido help me defensively without parry? Should I switch out heal for parry?

Would this be a good PvM template?

Oh yea and right now I run with these pure stats: 110 str, 80 dex, 40 int, is that good?

Thanks

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The LJ pvm bonus is not worth it.
Drop it completely and raise everything else up to 120.
And why the heck don't you have 125 dex?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Alternatively,
120 weapon skill
120 tactics for onslaught <-- Important
90 anatomy <-- 100 with talisman
90 healing <-- Maybe increase this with jewels
120 chiv
120 bushido
60 parry

Is a very functional template that I use to farm peerless keys and sometimes fight big monsters.
But I much prefer my macer backed by two bards for killing big bad guys.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since you are asking about a temp that would fight off the mobs whilst you collect Lumber, yes that will be fine.
With 100 Bush you can parry with a 2-handed weapon without parry, which is good as you will be using axes ;)
If you come across any PvP'ers your probably toast anyway as they will have seen you before you see them so they will be ready with the gank.

I'm going to assume your working off basic suits that you can afford to loose, so no major buffs. So yes keep str at 120 as you can carry more logs.
Dex don't matter that much with the mobs you will be fighting by just collecting lumber, just make sure to have a nice SSI weapon handy.
Also invest (if you haven't already) in a blue beetle to carry some logs as you can mount up and recall if things get tricky.

This is obviously just for a craft mule type char, if you want to go fight bigger mobs in future then you need to read the other threads on Melee fighting ;)

North_LS

Journeyman
I run swords/tactics/chiv/anat/heal/lumber/mining - not ideal for soloing big mobs, but makes for a fun gatherer to play. easily takes on average mobs with the right weapons and suit. also fantastic for farming ore elemental ingots - especially golds in blackthorns dungeon.

wont be the best pvm template in the world, but its a toon i really enjoy playing with a several different uses.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Also: After you get the wood always chop it to boards..its lots lighter to carry for you and the blue beetle.
When you see a suspicious / other character in area be able to sacred journey or recall out IN A FLASH. Then go to another spot shortly. There are some rune libraries with useful info, you may be interested in also..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Do not delude yourself thinking that you can survive a red attack. Present-day PKers will kill you quickly. They are usually with the "newer equipment" mods and you will go down likely in 1 hit. Remotely possibly you may survive 1 hit, so nice to have as much HPs as possible. If you do get killed so what? Go back and regroup and go to another spot, rinse and repeat. Dont let this bs discourage you. Just go on and get your wood/resources.
Just one more idea : get poison petals with you, run spell protection, and carry an anti paralyze box, just in case you get ninja-paralyzed-poisoned instead of 1-hit ninja'd. I think these are cheap nowdays, you can get them on vendors. The boxes last for infinite uses, unless they get looted/stolen off you. Once you survive the initial attack run/port out.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What if I have magery and cast protection, can I recall away even if in combat?
You won't get chance to cast it in time.
In PvP now unless you are the best gimp suits or have prior knowledge that an attack is coming, it's normally over in 1 maybe 2 hits ;)

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In PvP now unless you are the best gimp suits or have prior knowledge that an attack is coming, it's normally over in 1 maybe 2 hits ;)
1-hit kills these days are a myth unless you're running naked or have like 50 strength.