• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Very confused with pet training....

croy6325

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
my apologies, but I have been looking through the thread and can't find anything concrete....

I have a 2 slot reptalon that i'd like to train for champ spawn (I know cu is better, but rept looks cool imo).

what can I add that won't take away his dragon breath or his paralyze? I really want this guy to be able to aoe clear lesser mobs.

tyvm for any info

Gabriel Rowe

Adventurer
you can add 1 skill and 1 magic ability, you wont lose either skill it comes preloaded w/. Also Cu's are great but not always perfect for every situation, a group of 3-4 reptalons can stun lock some mob's/bosses, cu's can't do this easily. Keep searching the forums and you will find a wealth of info that has been provided by people much more knowledgeable than me =).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Chivalry is the new fad. Put chivalry on it. They do not have as much mana regen as a Lesser.

It will be a fine pet no matter what you do.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good morning, if you do decide to make the 2 slot rep a chiv one make sure you add armor ignore , then chiv .. other wise chiv will be counted as your 3rd move instead of a school of magic and block you from adding Armor ignore... They might not have the super mana regen of a lesser hiryu but a 2 slot reps para stun lock can be a lot of fun.. =^-^=

Finegold

Journeyman
I too was very confused. My newb advice... try it out on a few pets that you train fresh. You will screw it up... learn from it and try again. Dont start with an old pet. Find teh crazed Mage in Shame level 3. Oh and have fun with it...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When the tough stuff comes out, you are killing one at a time usually. My Chiv lesser gets surrounded by the lower stuff and has no problems.