• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Verite Hammers

dadam281

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a few verite hammers and am wondering what to use them on. i have a Paladin (Soon to add bushido) that i mostly play. But i know as of now that barbed armour is the best and better then plate. So i was wondering what i should make so i dont waste them? Thanks for all you help

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you want, and have the ability to get to 150 skill (or 135 skill and a +30% Exceptional Blacksmith talisman), you can make Samurai Empire plate armor, and it will be mage armor automatically when exceptional.

This makes it at least as good as the Barbed kit armor, BUT.....

1. IT requires a higher strength (hope you don't get cursed - REALLY bad if you plan to wear the armor against the last room creatures in Doom)
2. Each charge used is one less potential great weapon you could have made.

So, it's still a coin flip. As Barbed kits are more plentiful and cheaper, I'd just burn them for your armor, like you were already leaning toward.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a few verite hammers and am wondering what to use them on. i have a Paladin (Soon to add bushido) that i mostly play. But i know as of now that barbed armour is the best and better then plate. So i was wondering what i should make so i dont waste them? Thanks for all you help
Ornate axes are always a good bet because you have lots of different possibilities that would be good.

I crafted ornate axes from a valorite trying to get a nice pvm one and ended up not getting anything suitable for PvM, but instead got something like:

HLD 49
Hit Lightning 50
FC1
SSI 30
DI 50

I was able to sell this for 40m.

If that had been a twinkling scimitar, rune blade or another one of the top PvM weapons, it would never have sold for anything like that price becuase those weapons wouldn't really be used for PvP at all, so the item would have been worthless.

I guess what i'm trying to say is, craft a weapon that can be used in both PvP and PvM and you will increase your chances of getting something that is useful/valuable.