• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vepl's so called life

Vepl

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As most of you know. I was over two departments since the middle of October of last year. That meant I was actually having to work for a living and there was no help in sight. Just when you think things can't get any worse. The company closed a store in a neighboring town in the middle of July. Trying to keep most of the employees they moved two of them to the store I was at. One of them thankfully took over the other department and then there was one that was starting to help me in mine. Finally some help I thought!!!!! But alas it was not for long. The last day of July they terminated (or fired) me (which ever word you prefer. The end result is the same). Now I am happily(????????????) amongst the unemployed. So now I am out job hunting.

Waiting to see what is in store next for Beloved and Vepl. It's good to know that I have friends here no matter what is going on in my life

Vepl

L

Luna du Selene

My heart sank when I read this, Vepl. This is the thanks you get for being so overworked for nearly a year and for your loyalty. Stay positive; perhaps something good will come from this. *hugs*

Oh... does this mean we will have to endure.. I mean... will we enjoy more of your presence here and in game now? ;)

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ah we've talked so you know already I am wishing the very best for you and this could be the road to a better work schedule with better pay. If that's the thought we all put out there, the universe will hear it *grins*

A lil story for you:
Years ago my hubby was working at a terrific job as a graphics designer and installer for an upstarting sign company. The pay was great but the management not so much so when it came time to cut corners, he was a corner cut as one of the highest paid employees. The date was 9/11/01 with the news of the world coming down in the background on CNN and his own world coming down around him.

After a few months of resumes and interviews it was obvious that no one knew what to do or what was happening next in the U.S. During this time he picked up a few small jobs doing the same thing but had to sub out any vinyl lettering since we lacked the machinery. Then he gets this call from another former employee for that company and guess what? They are going out of business and trying to sell everything they can. So, we buy them out with their equipment, inherit some of their clients and viola! Our own sign company is born! We are happier and more satisfied now than ever. It is much harder work with many more anxieties running your own company but the trade off and success is worth it. So is the smile on my hubbies face when he puts up one of "our" signs and it lights up for the world to see.

Things do have a way of turning our lives upside down but sometimes it's simply to point us in a different direction.
*smiles*

tink'r_toiz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vepl you do have friends here and this one was getting worried about you :) ... things will work out the way they should. A good person and employee such as yourself will find a job and be appreciated the way they should be.

In the mean time, I hope you will be able to come back to UO for a little bit of fun while you find your new job!

Vepl

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's good to hear from you Tink. Miss seeing all the babblers posting here :)

Vepl

P

peanutbutter

hey vepl. pretty sure i live in your town (if you're still in the same town you were in 4 or so years ago)... pretty sure we had coffee once. i don't get on these boards much anymore, but PM me if you need anything or just want to hit up a coffee shop for a chat.
Simeon II
Glenn Beck
Fletch Lives
In Memory Of
Phoenix*Inquisition

Vepl

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haven't moved and it has been a while since we had coffee. Hope everything is going great for you. It's good to hear from you. Guessing you are playing UO again and I'm glad to hear that.

Vepl