• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Venting: City Spawns, Community!?

Izzy MBC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I logged out a couple of weeks ago, safely in my wonderful home town of Moonglow.

I logged in today, and got immediately ****d by the ****ing Spawn, THAT'S BEEN ABOUT FOR MONTHS - WHY IS IT STILL HERE?!?!

I'm tired of watching my back (My client window) to see if bull**** spawn has appeared on the screen. Why are the cities still bluddy dangerous places to be?! WHY IS THERE STILL A CRATER AT MOONGLOW GARDENS!?

Simultaneously, and I could be miles off this due to much inactivity on my part in recent times (In middle of moving house, using Mobile Broadband, bizarre times) - but the Community, it seems completely torn. Obviously(?) Britain is usually empty now, Moonglow is pretty much empty 24/7 it seems (Except for right now, there's a flood of BS Monster crap there keeping our seats warm, oh yeah, LOVELY!).

Luna seems to be the place to be, and it's like it's just... wrong how it's ended up; why is the Trammel Side population accumulate to 3-10 people at any time at the commmunities new central hub of the game? These are, at least, the numbers I witness at Luna Bank. (Maybe people hang out other banks? Enlighten me, please -_-)

I finally had the opportunity to stop by the EA&E Auction House on a Wednesday not long ago - amazed it's still going, maybe I do under-estimate the times - but even then, it seemed like a minimal turnout, about Quarter to a Third of the seats were filled at best. Gone are the times when they were chock-a-block? I just feel like screaming where is everyone, where is the game that was even 6 months ago?
TL;DR Is it me with a limited view on the Game, or is it very empty, and very lost?
(I swear Duping is a word floating around a lot lately, and the Server Birth rares message on the front Patch page? Lovely...)

Outro:
Maybe I'm just reminissing a bit, but it (Europa) seems to have gone down hill lately, and it's just... dis-heartening?

I'm just chatting BS I guess, I expect flames and stuff, but at least I'm sticking it in this section of the Forum. My main question over all is... WTF happened to Europa, I guess, I don't know -_-

And one more time for the road - I hate... the GOD FORSAKEN CITY SPAWN! I spose you guys and gals hear this everyday...

Don't get me wrong, I'd still enjoy this game otherwise, just lately things have turned upside down -_- And I don't get why they would make it this way... :sad4:

EDIT: Ah, I knew I was forgetting something, why is there STILL SNOW?! BLAAARGH!

EDIT Again: And another thing, I DON'T WANT THIS CURSED PARCHMENT IN MY BACKPACK! I can't bin it, I can't drop it, I can't freakin' launch it from a Trebuchet into the Felluca lands hoping a stampede of a PvP players on Horseman will trample it, I can't stick it inside a Purple Potion and throw it like a Molotov - I can't even fold it over and over, and use it like a fan to cool myself with while I sit for hours inside the Luna Bank where Air Conditioning isn't installed. DO NOT WANT!! And I've already waltzed around in Khaldun for a an hour or so in the past, and would rather not find it mandatory to complete this unwanted quest, JUST to remove this ghastly thing from my sight!

Some exagguration there, but you catch my drift. Ignore that lot: A GM in-game was extremely kind after I paged to have the item removed, very good service (I submit positive feedback through EA Support thingy!), now it's gone ^^ UO Game Masters FTW!

And Once More: Twilight Lantern man, will it ever light up properly? If this is intended, then... oh my god, I'm just losing the will to live here -_- It lights up towards the East, but I still can't see anything to the West - I mean, Wehey!

Wow, this post is a mess, just ignore all this garbage I guess XD

Duskofdead

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed completely. The town attacks are a complete joke. I don't honestly care if there's one or two guilds who pride themselves on fighting the spawn on their shard. That's not the experience on my shard. The experience on my shard is people shrug and go back to afk'ing in Luna ... UNTIL the CD is almost dead (if that ever happens), whereupon dozens of people immediately show up after a much smaller group did all the real work. And that's rare. It's not unusual for towns to be overrun for days or a week or more before some guild gets bored on a Saturday and decides to kill off the generals.

Whatever "benefit" the town invasions have created, other than advancing some supposed "game storyline" that no one bothers or cares one whit about anymore, is more than compensated for by the fact that this even has done nothing but reinforce the Luna AFK crowd, the death of the rest of Sosaria, the complete gutting of all other city populations, and bringing this game that much closer to Diablo 2, where people just hang out in Pandemonium Stronghold (Luna) until ready to go hit River of Flame (Ilsh).

How any of that is good for the game, I have no idea. This is like a street theater show that goes on 24/7 and is really loud and obnoxious and disruptive and runs out onto the street from the sidewalk, to the point where after months of it no one walks through the area or drives down that road anymore.

O

Orthus

I quit for almost a year...I log back in occasionally to see what has (not) been done. Last week I did this and got ganked by a greater dragon in the tavern next to the East Brit Bank. WTF? I had uninsured instruments and a ton of bandaids, so I tried to get back to my body, and promptly died again. My mare was toast...I had to log out and back in at the West Brit Healers to retreive her. I think that the never-ending invasion spawn is just a drain on uninsured equipment. I'm not going to insure a dragon slayer drum, so I lose it. People can't insure all that cursed crap from last winter's invasion, so this invasion provides a nice drain for that stuff.

Izzy MBC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I quit for almost a year...I log back in occasionally to see what has (not) been done. Last week I did this and got ganked by a greater dragon in the tavern next to the East Brit Bank. WTF? I had uninsured instruments and a ton of bandaids, so I tried to get back to my body, and promptly died again. My mare was toast...I had to log out and back in at the West Brit Healers to retreive her. I think that the never-ending invasion spawn is just a drain on uninsured equipment. I'm not going to insure a dragon slayer drum, so I lose it. People can't insure all that cursed crap from last winter's invasion, so this invasion provides a nice drain for that stuff.
Or alternatively, if you are insuring, it's money sinking what you are saving, heh.

I just started a new Character on Atlantic the other day, to check out the greater population (Wow, there are people "banksitting" outside the Luna building, and the inside of the bank is pretty chock-a-block!). All was well, joined my dream Guild, the MTC, they Roleplay (Which is kinda new for me, spent little time with RP Guilds over the years), but they are dedicated to Moonglow, and the bank has signs wishing people to clean up after themselves - something I greatly strived for in Europa's Moonglow. Obviously, no one is there to make a mess anymore -_-

Went off rambling there! So yeah, I joined, then later died several times at the Monster spawn which appeared within Moonglow, and being a newby character, I was practically res-killed several times by the damn spawn inn trrying to save my 100% LRC armour given to me by the Guild. Fortunately managed to retrieve my stuff in the end, but Bless the newbies, the s*** they have to put up with. The Young Players, travelling between cities and exploring, expecting safety? PFFFT, don't keep your hopes up.

Second time for the road, I HATE THE MONSTER SPAAAWNS BLARRRGH!~