• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Venomous Bite.

DeadThing

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I was on TC1 playing with drake builds ( I'm still kinda fixated, but at least I wised up and started doing this on the tc). Anyway I was hoping to put venomous bite on a crimson, but found that to be impossible. I had trained poison first, hoping to unlock it. Now am I correct in assuming that the reason I couldn't train it is that the drakes already have dragon breath, and they are both special abilities? I thought you could swap those out too, but apparently its only magic you can do that with?

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I was on TC1 playing with drake builds ( I'm still kinda fixated, but at least I wised up and started doing this on the tc). Anyway I was hoping to put venomous bite on a crimson, but found that to be impossible. I had trained poison first, hoping to unlock it. Now am I correct in assuming that the reason I couldn't train it is that the drakes already have dragon breath, and they are both special abilities? I thought you could swap those out too, but apparently its only magic you can do that with?
That is correct, you cannot put Venomous Bite on a Crimson/Platinum because of Dragon Breath. You could put Poison Breath on it though (After taking the Poisoning skill). Only Magical skills can be swapped out, no special moves or special abilities can be swapped (except if they came bundled with a magical, like Bushido, Piercing, Slashing, Bashing, Battle Defense, or Wrestling Mastery).

DeadThing

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Cool. Thanks for the confirmation. Now about poison breath, on three Drakes (poison damage variety) now (fixated) I have placed poison breath as an AoE on the first round of training. Which has then unlocked the poisoning skill for gains (through the PB uses I assume) with the added benefit that when I later add the poisoning magical ability it only costs me 1 point. Do you suppose that's unique to the poison drakes? Or should it not be happening?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Poison Drakes get the choice of poison areas and specials automatically. I built this one.

upload_2018-6-17_10-4-59.png