• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Necromancy] Vengeful spirit counter?

Revenant

Visitor
Is there a good magery or necromancy based counter to vengeful spirit?

My battle plan fell apart very quickly when a friend led with that one. :)

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Magery: Dispel/Mass Dispel
Chivalry: Dispel Evil

You could also try a Mage Weapon with Hit Dispel. Or if you are a Mystic you can use Enchant to put 60 Hit (any spell including) Dispel. Not sure if the success of that scales off of Eval or Tactics or anything.

Although from the sounds of it you were in a duel, summons are usually ruled out in a duel, but if for whatever reason they aren't they shouldn't ever be able to cast Revenant as it has a extremely long cast time and you can just keep them interrupted with Weaken/Clumsey/Feeblemind (I personally always use Feeblemind for reasons I cba to explain but that will make sense if you duel regularly). Unless of course they're playing in Protection (which, again in a duel, why?) in which case just keep them Poisoned and on the defense and you can just Lesser Heal the Rev damage.

Revenant

Visitor
Not so much a duel as a free form battle; we just fought over late-night-empty streets of Trinsic. I had no idea dispel worked in this case, but it totally makes sense.

I should probably get more familiar with the combat system. It makes a lot more sense than when I left UO, but there are a lot more options and quite a few tricks like this I should know.

I've never been a PVP person, but my friend makes it fun and interesting enough that I think I might be hooked. :)

Thanks!

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Not so much a duel as a free form battle; we just fought over late-night-empty streets of Trinsic. I had no idea dispel worked in this case, but it totally makes sense.

I should probably get more familiar with the combat system. It makes a lot more sense than when I left UO, but there are a lot more options and quite a few tricks like this I should know.

I've never been a PVP person, but my friend makes it fun and interesting enough that I think I might be hooked. :)

Thanks!
Yes, pvp is fun if you have the right friends to play with. Just don't get too upset when defeated... I think some vet players take this too seriously. After every war or raid they will be asking who died and how many times. I keep 2 characters just for pvp when my friends call for help to fight our "enemy"... lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro