• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vendors vs Mannequins?

Samael

Visitor
I noticed a lot of houses use mannequins as deco pieces instead of vendors. I personally like using vendors since I can customize their name and help fit the theme of the house. I personally cannot stand seeing a bunch of "Mannequins" and rather have something like "Betsy the Barbarian". Is there any downside to this? It seems to me that vendors are always the superior option but I hardly see them used as deco pieces..

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There a few issues here. Mannequins are cheaper and can be put down as many as you can fit. Even with a castle you have 40 vendors i think or 300 plus Mannequins. I have maybe over 300 armor sets at my castle i would only have the max vendor 40ish the other way.

Durning an IDOC vendors disappear with everything. At lest I noticed that but others say they don't. Was at a vendor house idoc with around 100 items on vendor and like 30 items inside the house. Nothing on vendor showed inside barrel unless I had really bad luck geting only 10 items from a one barrel idoc with only 3 other people there.

Samael

Visitor
So it sounds like then vendors are better than mannequins if you are only using a few in terms of aesthetics and a small amount. I am only using 10ish vendors as a deco piece and I get the freedom of the name. I could care less about the IDOC issue. If I quit the game and my house goes IDOC that isn't my problem that other people don't get my loot.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can change the name as well on Mannequins now. If you wanted for deco and freedom us the stewards.

Captain_Lucky

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Why no one uses Stewards... " The Steward can be placed by an owner or co-owner in public a home and requires 1 vendor slot and 125 lockdowns (regardless of whether the Steward’s pack is full or empty)" A "deco" steward uses 125 lock downs if the pack is empty or full. A couple of those will have a drastic effect on your home storage numbers :)

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Why no one uses Stewards... " The Steward can be placed by an owner or co-owner in public a home and requires 1 vendor slot and 125 lockdowns (regardless of whether the Steward’s pack is full or empty)" A "deco" steward uses 125 lock downs if the pack is empty or full. A couple of those will have a drastic effect on your home storage numbers :)
Doesn't a steward go against the total lockdowns of a house? The UO guide link says that you need 125 lockdowns to place one. I know for a fact that mannequins will not go against house lockdowns so people with armor sets etc can use these to free up space.