• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vendors and CC

Groo

Journeyman
I just got 2 complaints on my in-game message board, that all items in my vendor bags (50 or so) are over each other and they were unable to buy.

I use the EC and all is fine.
Does the CC have no way to search for items or list them?
If so, how to stock vendors so that CC users can buy stuff?

Thanks for any hint

Regards
Groo

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Vendors in the CC look like backpacks in the CC everything is a jumble, I always stocked my vendor in CC backpack view or it was just a mess to the CC players, yes it is pretty annoying that you have to do it that way.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Stock in the CC client, or CC users can't see things, its all just stacked.

Also, I have been told, if you use crates to stock stuff in and have the enable large gump option enabled, people who don't use that option see a pile.

Lots to consider, but ya have to make it where they can see it if you want to sell it. I used to log in to the EC to shop an EC vendor, nowdays I just move on to the CC vendors, even if it costs more

Groo

Journeyman
I just tried to set up the vendors in CC.
But if your selling more than 10 items in a bag, it is just not possible (some items are almost as big as the whole bag)
I just had to price about 80 items again, as the vendor just dropped a bag when i tried to move it (can't move bag to bag => DROP)

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I know, it used to drive me crazy, I had so many containers and so few items in each or there was just no space and it looked messy, I get so irritated if I can't get things in a straight line too! I could never go back to grid-less containers after playing so many other games.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just tried to set up the vendors in CC.
But if your selling more than 10 items in a bag, it is just not possible (some items are almost as big as the whole bag)
I just had to price about 80 items again, as the vendor just dropped a bag when i tried to move it (can't move bag to bag => DROP)
Setting up vendors in CC - some advice.

1. Don't use bags for anything not being sold as a 1-bag unit. Use pouches, backpacks, gift boxes, crates and chests for items priced for individual sale. Bags have really ALWAYS been too small for proper vending, even in the days of 2D/3D clients.
  2. I don't know why people would want to use the default "small" gumps anymore, other than being too lazy to opt them on in the CC, or they have some sort of pixel art created in one. The plain (non-gold-trim) chests, crates, etc. have such a much better view inside than at default, and of course the bigger gumps on vendors work great for both CC, and the EC users with the grid pattern. People have been complaining almost universally wanting bigger containers for 2 decades, and when they finally get the option, if they refuse to personally implement it, it's on them. If I was at BS, I'd have made the larger containers the default for everyone in CC in the first publish after the one where they went live (as that was long enough to stress test them). Now, all that needs done is to fix the gold-trim chests (including some of the new SOS/T-map ones) to work like the others, and maybe tweak the "drop into closed container" code to where stuff doesn't stack as bad.
  3. The bag to bag thing is annoying; it's why I don't use sub-containers anymore. With the new CC container gumps, there's MORE than enough room in many of them to not NEED to sub-container individually-priced stuff. I had chests set up in a vendor with 40 individually priced items in it, and room to spare left in it.
  4. Note that you can have two vendors close enough to open both - even if in DIFFERENT HOUSES - and pass stuff between them without having to reprice, so long as you don't have containers in containers.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is great information! I know they made new container gump option, but did not realize what it would actually do.

I read the boards quite often and think I am up to date on most things, but this one I missed completely the actual use for it!

Have it at the ready when that option is needed.

Thanks for the info!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is great information! I know they made new container gump option, but did not realize what it would actually do.

I read the boards quite often and think I am up to date on most things, but this one I missed completely the actual use for it!

Have it at the ready when that option is needed.

Thanks for the info!
If you use CC you really need to turn on large gumps. If you have lots of stuff you will love it and trash the containers that stay small.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just got 2 complaints on my in-game message board, that all items in my vendor bags (50 or so) are over each other and they were unable to buy.

I use the EC and all is fine.
Does the CC have no way to search for items or list them?
If so, how to stock vendors so that CC users can buy stuff?

Thanks for any hint

Regards
Groo
In the EC there is a toggle you can use in the Actions Menu. Just drag it to a hotbar. When you are stocking from your EC backpack or bag, just click the toggle before you open the vendor up. It will open up a 'legacy' backpack and you then stock it in that view. Any containers you put in the vendor will also open in legacy view for stocking purposes. Any other container you open will also be in legacy view until you click the toggle again to return to EC view.

upload_2019-12-31_20-23-23.png

Also just fyi the best kinda container for vendors to display stock is the rectangular gift box as it holds so much more than a lot of other container types.

upload_2019-12-31_20-29-20.png

Last edited: