• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vendor search

Dimax

Adventurer
Professional
Supporter
I'm getting no where using vendor search looking for scrolls for my bonded and trained companions, always get your search is to vague?

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm getting no where using vendor search looking for scrolls for my bonded and trained companions, always get your search is to vague?
I found it sometimes helps to just use one or two key words in the search, especially a word fairly unique to the item.

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
If i even see the word vague I usually just give up... but sometimes the most basic of search will work like say you need a blacksmithing talisman dont check talisman under equipment and just write talisman in search. Now have fun sorting through every talisman known to man haha so yea i usually give up.

Zorminius

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I find what works best for me, as was stated, use less words. For example, when looking for scrolls, I will search: scroll wrestling

All the little words, seem to mess it up.

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
I ran into this issue the other day, sort of. I was on Atlantic picking up a purchase I made. While there I figured I'd buy some items I can't normally find on my home server. Shadowguard drops and other rare drop items.
I literally searched for an item and found it using my search term. However, as I was scrolling through the list of items, as it returned many matches at different prices, it errored out. When I searched for the same exact search term again I kept getting that too vague error. I tried restarting my client, my computer.. same thing. I think it's a bug and I haven't figured out how to get around it.

Dimax

Adventurer
Professional
Supporter
I find what works best for me, as was stated, use less words. For example, when looking for scrolls, I will search: scroll wrestling

All the little words, seem to mess it up.
I'll give it a shot again tonight, I just don't want to have to go shopping in lag city on foot!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Atlantic often exceeds the ability of the search software to operate.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Vendor Search was developed by some random Russian programmer, who underbid MadMartyr (the dev of Ultima Mapper, as well as an award winning software developer IRL). It's buggy as all hell because Broadsword went the cheap route.