• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vendor Search Bug

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Used Vendor Search to check some powerscroll prices. I only used name and the sort result as search criteria. With low to high I got 5 items. With high to low I got also 5 items, but 2 were different. So low to high only showed me the lowest 5 in price but not the highest 2 and high to low didnt show the cheapest two items. So 7 items, but only 5 shown. The same happened with 22 items. The 2 lowest and highest not shown on one of each sort results.
Bleak can you please have a look into that.

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try vendor searching with different characters...... You can have one character see one half of stuff and another character seee another half of the stuff.....

Hopefully Bleak tweaks it when he adds auction safes to the vendor searches.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try vendor searching with different characters...... You can have one character see one half of stuff and another character seee another half of the stuff.....

Hopefully Bleak tweaks it when he adds auction safes to the vendor searches.
So I use vendor search on one character, then log off and back on on another character and use vendor search again with different sort? Why would that help? No idea why I should do that.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the last page, so I have been told, quite often gets dropped. On Atlantic it doesnt matter, as most of my searches there some back as "too vague" even when I type in the item name letter for letter while looking at one in my pack lol
Sure wish they would fix that

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I use vendor search on one character, then log off and back on on another character and use vendor search again with different sort? Why would that help? No idea why I should do that.
lol i am not telling you to. I am saying the search results should be the exact same for each character if set up the same, but a lot of the timee its not... the system just needs to debugged.. im sure they know all about it

Turbo

Adventurer
How long do new items take to show up on vendor searches? Quite a few times i have searched for specific ps and found none only to walk to a usually well stocked luna vendor and they have it.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Like Uriah said... if you say search from high to low and the last page of the search only has 3 items on it and it's not a full page it gets dropped. When you reverse it from low to high you now see the page that was dropped and the highest priced items get dropped on the last page if it's not a full page. Being a search expert... my favorite search is to just hit the space bar once in the search field and start searching. It will list every item on the shard. I see stuff I would never have thought to search for.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
lol i am not telling you to. I am saying the search results should be the exact same for each character if set up the same, but a lot of the timee its not... the system just needs to debugged.. im sure they know all about it
I don't think I believe this. I've never noticed a difference. But now I have to look into it lol

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I personally reported this a long time ago. My findings after a degree of testing was.. If there are only 2 pages of items found the 'next page' button is hidden, more than 2 pages and it's fine. If you only get one page of results, assume there is a second page and reverse the low/high parameter to see hidden items if there are any.

I'm not surprised that it has not been addressed.

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
They need to use a lucene instance for the vendor search instead of whatever full-text out of the box rdbms crap they are trying to use. Searches should not take 20 seconds on a few million entries...

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I love vendor search. We've pretty much learned to work around it's bugs. I don't want it totally screwed up for months with a new system lol

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I love vendor search. We've pretty much learned to work around it's bugs. I don't want it totally screwed up for months with a new system lol

Knowing to search for low to high and again high to low is easy to work around.

But typing "exact name of item" and clicking "the type of equipment it is "and it comes up "too vague" on Atlantic is a problem.

If you want reliable searches on Atlantic you have to do it at midnight central time.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But typing "exact name of item" and clicking "the type of equipment it is "and it comes up "too vague" on Atlantic is a problem.
Can't stress enough how much of a PITA this is :/

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Knowing to search for low to high and again high to low is easy to work around.

If you want reliable searches on Atlantic you have to do it at midnight central time.
That's a lag/time out thing in my opinion. So I think that's almost a separate issue than the actual search engine. But I'm just guessing. But they should address it