• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vendor Pricing help

Draden

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Was considering setting up a vendor to sell Treasure maps and Refinements but have no idea what to price them out , any tips on pricing would be great !

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I log a char into Atlantic and check what they are selling things for and I undercut them a little with my pricing.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I sell my invulnerability refinements for 10,000 each. I keep the smaller ones and combine.

Even so, they sell slowly.

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Pricing is really hard on LA, but Maldar and I do the same things. I also use my selling experience to try to find a stable price on LA. For instance, when I forgot to compare prices with other repair scroll vendors, I found I was 25gps over the price everyone else was using, and no one bought mine (of course)! I used to use a true business model for selling, (my own production cost plus a reasonable profit markup) but reality doesn't seem to work well. You are either WAY UNDER what others sell for, or asking too much because the time involved can be great in some of these things! SO, don't forget not only to check Altantic for good comparisons, but run around and get a feel for what other LA players are doing so that you know where you stand! I wish you well!

Stussywear

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a heads up, for pvpers using refinements cures of defense and protection (lower two) are actually the most popular. It's not unheard of for them to sell for 25 to 100k if they are studded, hide, or bone. Hope this helps.