• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Vendor house advice, pant-related

S

sayler04

Hiya!

I've been away fr a few months, and coming back i've decided to re-open my vendor house. I have a pretty good stockpile of mutant plants aleady, and have set myself to growing more. However, I have a few questions regarding what is currently popular

First, I wasn't sure if, in today's market on atlantic, I'd make more money selling the plants as-is, or would it be more profitable to break them down into dyes?

Also, are baskets a successful item, or not worth the time?

Finally, when last I left the best selling potions were gardening related, along with greater conflagration. Does this still hold true, or have the SA changes stirred up the mix a bit?

Thanks!

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Baskets are bad sellers, even the small ones take twice as many plants to make as a single 5 charge dye. So you'd have to sell a basket for twice as much as a plant dye in order to not lose money. And they certainly don't sell for that much.

What I did, since I had so many orange plants is I ended up cutting up a bunch for reeds, and I'll probably make baskets for halloween sales. But other than that...oh, and no point in making baskets with a duplicate (stealables) graphic, cause you could just steal the basket then dye it with the plant dye for the same result.

For the dyes last time I sold them was 25k regular, 50k white or black, then anything that used white or black plus regular (the ice colors) would be 75k. For the black + white color 100k. Now prices seem to have gone up a bit for anything using black or white.

You can sell the plants and do well, you can sell the dyes for a bit more, but to make the dyes you need snake venom and other things, so there are a few steps inbetween. I'd find out the average price of white dyes on your shard then knock off a few k and sell the white/black plants for that, if you want to avoid the inbetween steps.

I think potions still sell the same, but selling potions is a labor of love, not profit. It takes forever to fill and in that same amount of time you could be doing just about anything and make more money in the process.

S

sayler04

thanks, just what was looking for! I'll likely end up going for the dyes, as alot of my concomitant acivities seem to produce a good deal of snake venom. And it sounds as though potions are what they always were, a way to get people in in the hopes that they buy other stuff too.

Thanks again!