• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Velvet Rope Barrier

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can someone post a step by step on the Velvet Rope Barrier?
I've looked through all the off site places but can't find it anywhere.
I know we had it on the old boards.
Skylark, you did that one right?
Thanks everyone!

Alexei

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dunno if this will help but in my thread "my house" there is a pic of what I think your talking about. Scroll down about half way.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Materials needed for 1 section: 2 crafted golden plate (tinker), 2 crafted jeweled filigree (tinker), 2 mortar & pestles (crafted by tinker or purchased from NPC alchemist), 2 torches (purchased from NPC provisioner), 1 bloodwood bow (regular bow crafted with fletching skill from bloodwood or enhanced from monster loot)

Place first plate and lock down

Place second plate according to the direction your barrier will run, and lock down

Drop a jeweled filigree on each plate and lock down

Raise both of your jeweled filigrees 12 times

Light a torch by double clicking it, and drop it on a plate. Lock down - repeat for second plate

Raise the torches 5 times- the base of the torch will be just touching the top edge of the plate.

Drop a bow between the posts. Lock it down.

Lower each jeweled filigree 2 times. Note here, you want to cover most of the top of the flame with the filigree, but not have it poking out the top. When raised to the correct height, you will just see a bit of gold beneath the filigree which looks like a brass connector - perfect for what we want to simulate with our posts. Raise the bow 6 times. It should come just to the top of the torch.

Drop a mortar and pestle on each plate, and lock down.

Raise the mortar & pestles 1 time. You now have one completed section!

To construct sections in the other direction, simply turn the bow with the interior decorator tool, and run your sections in the opposite direction.

An example of the use of the completed curtain.

-Skylark

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the other direction, you just need to turn the bow with the deco tool after locking it down.

-Skylark

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perfect! That's just what I was looking for.
*runs off to decorate some more*