• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Vanilla Seed Drops

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I read on UOGuide that Exodus Minions and Overseers drop vanilla seeds. Is this still accurate? I have been killing them for a couple of days now and have not seen one. I am just wondering if I should continue.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I don't recall where they originally came from, but if you are on Chesapeake I can give you a few to start. They produce both resources and more seeds. :)

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is exactly what I am looking for but unfortunately I am on Pacific, thank you for your offer. I still have had no luck with the Exodus Minions and Overseers both in the Exodus dungeon and on ground level.

Please let me know if anyone has an idea of where to loot these seeds.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
That is exactly what I am looking for but unfortunately I am on Pacific, thank you for your offer. I still have had no luck with the Exodus Minions and Overseers both in the Exodus dungeon and on ground level.

Please let me know if anyone has an idea of where to loot these seeds.
Have you inquired on the Pacific shard forum, or on the help channel when you're in game? Hopefully that might help.

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so based on advice from the UO Forums I started looting boglings looking for a Vanilla seed and finally looted a plain one. So boglings do drop them now. I used poppy dust to ID it and then planted it in a plant bowl with fertile dirt. However, the resources gump has a big red X next to it. So I need to know:

Can anyone tell me if there is anywhere to loot vanilla seeds which will grow vanilla plants which produce resources? I am going on a month trying for one and it is getting very annoying.

Gypsy, thanks for the advice but so far no bites on the trade forums or in help or general channels.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I had no idea they spawned on boglings now... or that those seeds don't produce resources. I'm sorry. Just wish you were on Chesapeake. I know there are any number of players here who'd gladly donate some seeds to get you started

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am still looking, when would you be available?
I am usually online after 6 or so but I could be on briefly today .....at work but can probably manage to get you some seeds. Sorry I missed your post yesterday I have had a busy schedule lately and in fact now that I think of it I have a meeting tonight after work that should let out around 6 or so pm HST so maybe around 7 or so HST

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok, just shoot me a pm when you are available. I'm usually up until about 2am CST.

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you, Percival, for giving me some vanilla seeds.

My personal problem has been solved but I still wonder if they are dropping as loot as they should.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you, Percival, for giving me some vanilla seeds.

My personal problem has been solved but I still wonder if they are dropping as loot as they should.
I think they are or they were but you have to kill a bunch of the Exodus critters to get a seed