• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vampiric Form...

N

Nico

I heard rumors there gonna nerf it...

If you do end up nerfing it can you just make the spell for Roleplaying purposes meaning no benefits or disadvantages...

-Forgotten disadvantage cant go from vampire form to animal form...

E

Eslake

From what I gather the "nerf" is leaning more toward a change to +skill items, since nerfing each of them seperately would take years at their current rate.

I just hope they don't do their traditional overkill.
A +35 / skill cap would put it all under control in 1 patch.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still don't get why they made it into a Dexxer-Only ability. It plain sucks ;) pun intendeddddddddddddddddddd

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only "nerf" I've heard of them considering is making it so you drop out of the form when your Necromancy drops below the required skill to cast the spell (99 I believe?).

That isn't a nerf of the form per se.

And they may not even do that....

But yeah, if they nerf the form itself? It'll be a surprise to me at least.

-Galen's player

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

That seems to be the logical thing. If you want to stay in the Form, you have to keep your skill level at or above the minimum skill needed to successfully cast said form.

The problem with Vamp Form is that people use skill items to cast it initially, THEN drop the skill items and stay in the form. Get rid of that issue and it's pretty much balanced.

X

xempathy

The whole point of plus skill items is so you don't have to have the real skill.

I use 120 spirit speak and necro but don't have the available skill points to put into necro to bring it all the way to 99. If they did anything I would hope it was just make it so that the amount you leech is in some way reflective of your level of spirit speak. I don't want them to mess around with plus skill items and I think that adding a spirit speak to increase potency makes sense. It is the Eval for Necro.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I think it's one thing to pop on a skill item for an instant use of something (i.e. I use a couple of Animal Lore jewelry pieces on my miner to track my fire beetle's training), but it's another completely to use them for "duration" or "toggle" effects.

Regardless of what the skill is, you should only be able to do what the current skill you have (with items) allows.

If you drop below the minimum skill to cast Vamp Form, you should lose the form. Same for Protection, Reactive Armor or any other such spells. Same with Stealth. If you can Stealth (arbitrary number for example purposes) 10 steps with your non item enhanced skill level, and your items allow you to stealth 15 and you enter stealth with the items on, once you take them off, you should only be able to stealth 10 steps, not 15.

Want to keep the benefits, keep the jewelry worn.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No imbalance in PvP, nobody is twisting your arm to use it in PvM, stop complaining.

V

Vyrquenox

No imbalance in PvP, nobody is twisting your arm to use it in PvM, stop complaining.
Yes we debated this till the end of time already. All bringing it back up is going to do is force proponents to have to post back to make sure they get their voice heard. again.

R

Revenant2

Someone's twisting the info a bit here.

They sounded very much like they are NOT changing Vamp form (and its ability to be taken using many +skill items and then unequipping them) in the near future, nor possibly in the not-as-near future.