• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vampiric embrace + hit life leech = ?

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hello everyone,
my question is: vampiric embrace drain 20% life leech, but... the 20% is the same formula of Hit Life Leech? or is really 20% of damage dealt?
if is really 20%, how many Hit life leech can put on weapon for a nice balance life leech if i assume to deal 100 damage?
i hope you understand my question :)

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Hi, no they are different. The healing effect of Vampiric Embrace is 20% of the damage you dealt in that hit returned to you as hit points - so if you hit for 100 damage you get 20 hit points healed this is guaranteed every hit. The Hit Life Leech effect returns a % of a %. I believe it is the number on your weapon (e.g. HLL 50%) is both the chance that the effect will trigger and a random amount between (the number on your weapon in this case 50%) of up to 30% of what will be healed - so the amount healed would be between 15 and 30%. If you had HLL 100% and hit for 100 damage you would leech every hit for 30% or 15 hit points.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
God is correct..

The Vampiric is more reliable however u sacrifice 99skill

With the HLL it happens that you don't leech every hit. Even with 100% it's possible to leech nothing.
I have made some wepps for my samp which got HLL just ouf of fun and both together is overkill

If you have good suit you could do nasty stuff like
100Hml
80isg hll
50hsl
50hla
And some hit mana drain to weaken casters/fatigue for hard wrestl mobs or hit light for extra punch

That combined with a mace and shield should smash very hard

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks. yes i know the formula of HLL, but don't known if VE had really 20%. in your sampire's weapons how many HLL have?

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Having SSI on the weapon can reduce the amount of HLL you can Imbue, if you can you want to try and get all your SSI on the suit.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
There is a terrific table here that explains the relationship between SSI and HLL (and HML).

Hit Life Leech - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Note: These are for the maximum you can imbue (base 50). You can exceed these up to base 70 with reforging and that value is also affected by the above calculation.

Last edited: