• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vampire Bard?

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feel like finally making a bard (attempted 5 or 6 times). It's one of those things on my list of things to do before UO dies or I quit.

I want to make a bard but I don't want to make another mage. I only have 1 criteria: I want to go 4x 120 in music skills. I have the money to buy any and all items necessary to build him.

120 music
120 provoke
120 peace
120 discord
120 necromancy
120 spirit speak

I figure I could provoke things to kill each other and finish them off with fire horns, poison strikes, and wither.

I want to use a luck suit. I'm thinking of starting with:

Armor of Fortune
Clainin's Spellbook
400 Luck Jewel set
Lucky Necklace
Vesper Shield
Jester's Hat of Chuckles

That's already 1110 Luck, 2/5 casting, 30% dci, mr 5, lrc 55%

I guess I'll have to try and make up 45% LRC with gloves, arms, and legs. =/

I'm also worried about mana. I wonder if Wraith / Vampire form + MR 5 will be enough... althought, it won't be my primary source of damage if there other critters around. (edit: I forgot about wisp familiar. Maybe it is enough...?)

Always wanted to use the Armor of Fortune / Clainin's set for a mage luck suit. But I always felt it was better to use a Slayer. With a vampire bard, I don't have to worry about slayer too much anymore. I won't have invisibility, but I figure I could just carry some invis pots.

I can still also recall with Wraith.

I hope it will work because I just spent 40+ million buying all of the above (including 120 scrolls).

:thumbsup:

S

Seismic

Wow, wish I had your dough .. but I have a luck suit I built with 949 luck, 100% LRC, 10% LMC, 15% SDI, 2/2 casting, and 5 MR. Then use that wonderful 10th Anniversary Statue and boom, some more luck :).

C

Cacophonix

For extra firepower, you can use animate dead after you kill some critters off.

If you really get into trouble, you can always area peace. That should give you enough time to use invis pots (assuming you'll need some time to unequip whatever is in your hands).

With MR5 plus the MR from the forms, you'll probably have to time your mana use. Why don't you hop onto test and try it out?

C

CroakerTnT

I thought you were on siege annoying people.

Anyway, you can beef up your suit by trying to get LRC/MR/LMC + luck on your arms. That's hard to do on siege, but it probably exists on other shards.

LMC is probably more useful than MR for this build. It makes a big difference if you can get it up to 40%.

Also, the necrobard (same thing, but replace provo with med) is able to solo most spawns - at least until the champ. However, that's harder since they fixed one of the timer-avoidance bugs that people were exploiting to let them area peace constantly.

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought you were on siege annoying people.
Well... the plan was to liquidate all my gold on Napa and xfer it over with cyber. But what am I going to do with 32mil on Siege?

Anyway, I barely play this guy. (Not gonna power game him.) Making a bard was always on my hit list of things to do before UO dies.

C

CroakerTnT

Well... the plan was to liquidate all my gold on Napa and xfer it over with cyber. But what am I going to do with 32mil on Siege?
Lol, good point. When a keep costs 2-4 mil, about the only thing to do with gold here is buy the occasional uber weapon or keep yourself stocked in arties for use (loss) on the field. But what good are arties to a thief? They never lose anything.

Besides, you're already rich on siege. You have your own TOWN for chrissakes!