• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mining] Valorite Miner's Map Feedback

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I accumulated 2,000 plus points via the Cora waves and I thought, should I get the shield or the Valorite Map? Went with the map.

I recalled to Delucia bank and opened the map, surprised to find the location right next to the Del Inn, by the T2A tunnel. The map had 231 charges and I used Gargoyle Pickaxes, but I didn't get a single Valorite Elemental to spawn. I lost some of the ore due to smelting, and ended up with 407-of-462 ingots (88.1%). That's about 5 turn-in points per ingot.

I'd say it's a bit costly as an every day item, but it's a nice little boost for when you have a quick project you want done.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I accumulated 2,000 plus points via the Cora waves and I thought, should I get the shield or the Valorite Map? Went with the map.

I recalled to Delucia bank and opened the map, surprised to find the location right next to the Del Inn, by the T2A tunnel. The map had 231 charges and I used Gargoyle Pickaxes, but I didn't get a single Valorite Elemental to spawn. I lost some of the ore due to smelting, and ended up with 407-of-462 ingots (88.1%). That's about 5 turn-in points per ingot.

I'd say it's a bit costly as an every day item, but it's a nice little boost for when you have a quick project you want done.
I think if I were going to get one of these I'd get the talisman to go with it and not risk losing ingots.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I was going to spend the points on one of those talismans (especially since they are limited to like 4 hours) I would want an insane amount of valorite to smelt before using one of them.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I was going to spend the points on one of those talismans (especially since they are limited to like 4 hours) I would want an insane amount of valorite to smelt before using one of them.
^ this

Use the maps for a month or two and save all your high end ore and then get the talismans and smelt all your ore all at once.

Ender76

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
^ this

Use the maps for a month or two and save all your high end ore and then get the talismans and smelt all your ore all at once.
The talismans have charges, I used the valorite one and was underwhelmed. Not sure it's worth it, any of them to be honest

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
^ this

Exactly what I am doing:) Stacks in 3 piles - the scattered. the small lump, and the big lump of ore...

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
How much time did you spend for mining those ingots?

p.s. Since you used Gargoyle Pickaxes why didn't you buy a Verity Map?

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How much time did you spend for mining those ingots?

p.s. Since you used Gargoyle Pickaxes why didn't you buy a Verity Map?
It was 231 large ore on one node, so I mean, that probably took less than ten minutes to mine. It's kind of like turning an ore node into a wood node, you know what I mean? Quantity wise.

The reason I didn't use Verite is because I didn't really do a lot of planning, lol...I was just being impulsive. I needed valorite ore and so I chose the valorite map. As you guys suggested, it would probably be better to get the smelting talisman and to try the verite map out. I just wanted to post something though since I had a feeling there wasn't a lot posted on the maps yet (unless I missed a master thread).

I guess the easiest thing to do would be to get the cheapest map and then see if you can use prospector's and a garg pick. I'll have to try that out sometime.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
^ this

I'm too impatient to wait a month ;P

King_Fisher

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
now once you find the "Node" be it verite or other, can you use a prospecters tool to bump up the ore found?