• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Valentine Scavenger Hunt .What a Joke !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cheif Bigum

Well what a great EA event over before it started .... and mostly yo x sharders with inside info it would appear ...

Pffft back to fel

G

i am so unimpressed. how much forethought would it have taken to have made it different on each shard? people picked up the bags, put the items that were asked for in it, put name in book, put bag back in other chest. pouff, event over before it's begun and the ones who don't cruise the other shard forums didn't even get a look in.

to the person that posted the spoiler - gee, thanks a bunch buddy. aren't you clever.

to ea games, for not making it different on every shard - get a brain already!

G

Im pleased someone made the effort however. Were way past valentines also could it have been something not thought up in 30 seconds.

I was making jokes to my Guildies that it would be the same items and omg it was!.

Im extremely dissapointed for everyone!

Anne

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got to the waterfall slightly late and it seems I missed the whole thing, except for people complaining.

What exactly happened?

>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sorry by the time I posted this several others had posted just ahead of me

G

We each took a bag from one chest with two books in. one with the quest items you had to get and one with a book to sign.
my items were, slice of bacon, chocolate, earrings, necklace and bracelet.
i bounced and got the items in just over 1 minute and i didnt get a look in

but as is posted above, some x-sharders knew the items in advance and simply put them in their bags and put them in the deposit box, 10-15 seconds and done

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK who was the genius who decided that the hunt would be the same on all shards?. Same items to be handed in, so forewarned wasnt only forearmed it made the whole thing pointless.

As far as Europa was concerned our players might just as well have ignored this wonderful event. The prize will indoubtably go to X-Sharders on the rest too.

So now it is over how long will it be before we experience another exhilarating 30sec event?

Come back Elendrik all is forgiven, PLEASE!.

R

Riboflavin

Let me say to you, that you did not miss anything.
Obviously the scavanger list was the same as on other shards. So some or at least one person came "prepared". As soon as the chest was out where you should put the bag with your items in, the person dropped the bag with the searched for items. That was approximatly 5 second after the list was out! Gosh....
Worst thing..Adida, the manager for this event supported that thingy and gave the price to that person.
Very disappointed and dis-satisfied!

G

Quote from my post in the other thread:

<blockquote><hr>

Oh... My... God...!

Wth was that?
Apparently they use the same item list on all shards. So some people knew what to hand in and the event was over after about 5 seconds...
How could EA/the devs NOT see that coming??? Took the fun out of the event for so many people.

I am very disappointed. I like scavanger hunts. But there has to be some sort of a challenge otherwise it´s not a "hunt".

Well, I´m just speechless...

[/ QUOTE ]

C

Cheif Bigum

It seems there was a spoiler as in the event was held 2 days ago on Oceana and a repoort was posted on the Oceana Shard Board with a picture of the list book and EA in their infinate wisdom decided that it would be good to have the same list on all shards but do them on different days.

Now the majority of people obviously don't read other shard boards but some do and chanced that the list would be the same and were sat with items ready to drop in bag and then chest to win .

Like I said it was over before it began ....

What a Sad day for UO when it could have been so glorious the first EA run timed event for ages and the messed up big time..

G

<blockquote><hr>

Worst thing..Adida, the manager for this event supported that thingy and gave the price to that person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well tbh, I don´t think we should be pointing our fingers at her. The rules were presented, she did her job by following them, no matter how obvious it was. I´m sure she thought that too.

It´s the "brains" behind the event/rules that should be blamed.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately, we have no recourse except to tell EA what we think of their wonderful events, other than via the Feedback Form on the main UO page.

Mine is already sent.

I have just witnessed the "Valentines Scavenger Hunt" on Europa.

Did it not occur to anybody that if you kept the quest items the same for all shards, that those who tried earlier on other shards would arrive with the quest items already in their backpacks?

The event was "won" by 2 x-sharders who made new characters just for the event: They "won" before half of those present had even picked-up their quest bag.

I look forward to hearing your justification for this - on a public forum such as Stratics, perhaps.

Congratulations. I have never been motivated to give bad feedback before, but you have just made a mockery of everything I thought UO stood for.

.... and you think that this type of thing is an adequate replacement for EM events?

Pathetic.

K

Kayne

Totally and utterly disappointed in EA. What could have been an interesting and different event than the usual kill monsters and get artie items. It was a total shambles and should never have been left to go live.
At the time standing there trying to get into the stupid bag chest seeing it was already over i didnt know about this list posted in other forums.

I've always believed that there were some good points to EA but i now firmly believe EA SUCK.

What a totally pointless exercise in EA showing they have no idea when it comes to events and just ruining a whole lot of peoples hope in what could have been a fun and interesting event.

M

mandosa-nice

A big Big joke ...
My young sister of 9 years old make a better event solution...

Au Chiote

G

<blockquote><hr>

With all respect Tjalle, rules can be changed if circumstances ask for them. He, she, whoever, you can't tell.

I mean, if the "riddle" is solved literally just after it was given out there is something dodgy. The person in charge of this event can/could/should consider then to postbone at least (!) the release of the reward. The person could have noted down the unique number of that character (there is one, yes), ask for an email-adress, etc etc to check back and give the item on a later time.

If rules are followed blindly I don't need a human being for this job... computers can do this better, faster and cheaper.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think it was a dev at all. if it was a real person, why not answer kayne, when he asked twice whether we could enter as groups? especially after asking if we had any questions. adida was a bot, not a dev. a real person couldn't act that daft. could they?

simonovsk

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah well the conceptors of this event are to blame obviously, but what about the people who exploited it? It might even be a single person collecting all the rewards...

This game has something schizoid to it, the same people who make such a great community, always get their fun spoiled by a few well known brokers/traders, yet they continue to pay them ig gold / rl cash for their effort.

All those gifts are going to end up on the market, that's the sole reason the event was exploited. And people are going to buy them, trade them, thus inflating the ever inflating mass of "event items", which are nothing but tools for a few to make money.

"It's a strange world..."

G

I got the feeling it was a real person behind that char...

Especially since she spelled one word wrong.

G

i recently ran an event for my guild and have done many in the past, involving riddles, interesting places, interaction etc and fastest person took 20 mins
Leto atreides is an old hand at good event running. im sure neither of us would mind actually putting on decent events on behalf of ea/mythic.

K

Kayne

Cailleach is right, twice i stood there right near Adida and asked the question for those of us that were in groups/guilds and twice i was ignored. Cailleach then directly addressed Adida and was met with the same silence.

S

SilentFoxXy

Just to add my voice to those of the disheartend/disappointeds'.

Id Read the report on Oceanic. I made sure all of my guild who could attend did attend, and those who took the hint also had their bags ready, if it would turn out 'They' were silly enough to use the same items.

The PINK Box fell to the floor, I took it, marked my name, and added the 5 items, time - 3 seconds. I shouted - "Please where is the drop box, where is the drop box ? ". The the heaving throng eased, a small silver chest kinda edged into view. JOY, Chucked in my bag- Full. Time Taken- 6 seconds.

Muses ' Is that it?? no waaaay.??"

"The winners will have the prize in their backpack"

Keep similing

CaTt.

R

Riboflavin

Done.

Just restrain from using bad words. Keep it simple, honest and appropriate.
The itention was a good one, it went bad. Avoid doing the same mistake once more.

G

That event was beyond nothing. It wasnt even crap or a joke.
It was...nothing. And if you think you payed for it.....that devs are genious...

K

Kayne

I sent in my feedback, i dont expect it will be read but i told EA how disappointing the whole thing was and how they should be ashamed of themselves at the whole ridiculous excuse for an event.

R

Riboflavin

No proof that Adida was a bot. The person had just no "orders" or an idea to what to answer to that question. Keep just silent then and the "issue" will pass away.

G

RTLFC

just a gentle reminder. I know everyone is upset, but please keep within Stratics RoC

G

well, i've posted my feedback. and i'm still ticked. ea make it easy for people to cheat, play their system and win. fantastic.

G

Ive said it before and countless others have said it before...

EM Events have always been unfair...theres always people in the know...10 seconds for the winner......

Its not even funny!!!!!

G

I was looking forward to this event, and was really disappointed when I realised that I wouldn´t have time to install UO on my new computer before the event. Apparently I didn´t miss anything...

I

imported_ChrissayEAMythic

I have read through the feedback on the boards regarding the event. So I have actually made 2 modifications to the event itself.

1. Players can only win on 1 account period. So if you won on Europa you can’t win on any other shard.
2. I will wait 15 minutes before placing the submission chest. So that if players retrieved a list and are sitting their waiting with the items in hand they will not have an advantage.

In light of these changes to improve the event to make it fair for everyone I will be running this event again Thursday 21st (europa only) at the same time. This is the only time I will be able to rerun the event due to the changes.

I also want to include there are multiple lists. So I will be rotating those more frequently.

Chrissay

G

Fantastic! Im sorry for being so negative ! But really chuffed to bits youve taken action!!!

K

Kayne

Well done for actually listening to the community Chrissay. Lets hope the list you use thursday isnt already posted some place.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have read through the feedback on the boards regarding the event. So I have actually made 2 modifications to the event itself.

1. Players can only win on 1 account period. So if you won on Europa you can’t win on any other shard.
2. I will wait 15 minutes before placing the submission chest. So that if players retrieved a list and are sitting their waiting with the items in hand they will not have an advantage.

In light of these changes to improve the event to make it fair for everyone I will be running this event again Thursday 21st (europa only) at the same time. This is the only time I will be able to rerun the event due to the changes.

I also want to include there are multiple lists. So I will be rotating those more frequently.

Chrissay

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, its very nice that you listen too us!

I

imported_ChrissayEAMythic

<blockquote><hr>

Well, seems there were a human being behind Adida after all...

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a robot what are you talking about

*uses robotic voice*

K

Kayne

lol

that is the way it seemed when you were asked a question twice and gave no replies Chrissay.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chrissay,

Thanks for responding in a timely manner, with a reasonable proposal for compensating the Europans who felt bitterly let-down by this event.

But, to repeat the questions that have been asked here;

1) Did it really not occur to anyone what would happen if you give-out valuable items using the same formula but in different timezones? It doesn't bode well for the future of EA-run events if something as obvious as this is overlooked.

2) Was the EM a real person or a Bot? Twice they asked "does anyone have any questions?", but constantly ingnored the questions that were asked. If the EM is going to solicit questions, then it would seem to be good manners to actually answer any that arise.

G

ermm a bit late chrissay. was it even considered about changing the requirements? as i said earlier, contact me or alot of europa players if u want to run a good event!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Chrissay,

Thanks for responding in a timely manner, with a reasonable proposal for compensating the Europans who felt bitterly let-down by this event.

But, to repeat the questions that have been asked here;

1) Did it really not occur to anyone what would happen if you give-out valuable items using the same formula but in different timezones? It doesn't bode well for the future of EA-run events if something as obvious as this is overlooked.

2) Was the EM a real person or a Bot? Twice they asked "does anyone have any questions?", but constantly ingnored the questions that were asked. If the EM is going to solicit questions, then it would seem to be good manners to actually answer any that arise.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm with fluffi bunni here - thank you for the timely response and the proposal, but could you please answer the questions above?

R

Riboflavin

That's great news, Chrissay!
First of all implementations of the new measurments so that events can be won just with one account. That you responded to all these posts! And to put some sugar on top, to repeat the scavengar hunt.

L

Lady Arianne

RTLFC

<blockquote><hr>

Was the EM a real person or a Bot? Twice they asked "does anyone have any questions?", but constantly ingnored the questions that were asked. If the EM is going to solicit questions, then it would seem to be good manners to actually answer any that arise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a polite reminder to everyone.

Running an event isnt as 'easy' as it appears.It might do well to remember

* Adida was doing this solo, with no help from anyone other EA team members.

*Is it not possible she may of been sorting something out and didnt have her eyes 'glued' to the on screen chatter?

*Just use the feedback form, and stop slating Adida who gave the time to at least be there. ?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I will be running this event again Thursday 21st (europa only) at the same time

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats great news!
Was about what i suggested in the feedbackform

Thnx a lot!

G

<blockquote><hr>

RTLFC

<blockquote><hr>

Was the EM a real person or a Bot? Twice they asked "does anyone have any questions?", but constantly ingnored the questions that were asked. If the EM is going to solicit questions, then it would seem to be good manners to actually answer any that arise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a polite reminder to everyone.

Running an event isnt as 'easy' as it appears.It might do well to remember

* Adida was doing this solo, with no help from anyone other EA team members.

*Is it not possible she may of been sorting something out and didnt have her eyes 'glued' to the on screen chatter?

*Just use the feedback form, and stop slating Adida who gave the time to at least be there. ?

[/ QUOTE ]

if you are going to ask "are there any questions?" then purely as a matter of courtesy, you should be watching to see if anyone asks any, and you should actually answer them, if they do. three were asked, the same question, and i addressed adida by name. i was following the conversation easily in my journal, so quite simple for anyone else to do the same.

G

oki, lessons learned, event rescheduled, personal attacks must stop please, the RoC includes EA staff as well as players. Consequently this thread is now locked

Status
Not open for further replies.