• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Using the EC to fish

Zigge[IMP]

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hey,

I've recently come to love the Enhanced Client for most of my UO business, except for fishing. I simply cannot get a fishing macro to work. I´ve tried it all, with legacy targetting, without it, nothing I do seem to work...

Here are my last few attempts:

Last Object - Wait for Target - Cursor Target Last
Fishingpole - Wait for Target - Cursor Target Last

I´ve read most of the EC forum, aswell as this, but I cant seem to find an answer for my problem. Please help me solve this

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its more simple :

Just Target By Resource (Enter fishing rod ,select water) delay (7,5 Sec) Enable repeating 10 times.

After that, you could just repeat target by resource ,delay several times to make the macro as long you like.

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep as above. I could only get it working with a 10s econd delay between each go. Maybe a lag issue for me.

Zigge[IMP]

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I cant seem to get the rod to stick inside the square for the resource type selection... ? Works fine with shovels and pickaxes, but not fishing rods. Do I need to turn off Pincos for it to work?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use Pinco's. No idea why it would not work for you with it......

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Yep as above. I could only get it working with a 10s econd delay between each go. Maybe a lag issue for me.
yep i run with a 8.5 second delay

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can get the fishing rod to drop in the resource type box with Pinco's, you just have to drop it in the lower right corner of the box. Seems to be a targeting problem when dropping the pole in the box. I also use 8.5 as the time delay. I do have a problem, though, that perhaps someone can solve for me. A soon as the macro starts, my cursor goes into targeting mode and stays that way even after the macro is finished. I have to clear the cursor by clicking on something before using it for, let's say, casting a spell.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While writing the above question, I had an idea as to what was the problem. Logged on, and I'll be darned, figgured it out lol. After dropping the pole in the resource box, you can select the targeting type for it. I had it set for cursor, and changed to current. The cursor target disappeared when running the macro. I can't believe I had been bothered with this over a year.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't need to aim in the corner in Pinco; the rod gets added it just doesn't show in the box for some reason.

Regarding delay, that's the normal fishing skill timer blocking the macro. I run an 8.0 delay inside it. If you want to add bait to the macro, drop it in front of the rod, right click the bait and set your rod as the target. It'll remember the rod itself, not what it's hooked with (Lava, Dregding, Junk etc) and you can flip the target type from water to lava too.