• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Using gold to enhance an imbued 100 luck piece?

• Thread starter Lord Roland Banethor
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Lord Roland Banethor

I'm starting to get aggravated with this. I know you can't imbue an item over 100 luck.. for example, a golden broadsword couldn't be imbued to 140 luck, only to 100.

But, I figured I should be able to enhance an item that's at 100 luck, using gold ingots. I'm wanting to make a high (extremely) luck suit for one of my characters. So I crafted a chain tunic, chain leggings, ringmail arms, and ringmail gloves out of iron.

I enhanced all 4 pieces to 100 luck.

I then equiped my smith with a blacksmithing talisman (exceptional 23%, regular 15%), and a +60 smithing hammer.

Enhanced the tunic, but broke everything else:(

Remade and imbued the last three items again.. tried enhancing again.

Leggings, enhanced.. ringmail arms and gloves broke.

Since then, I've used about 100 chaga mushrooms on trying to make these ring arms and gloves, and everytime I try to enhance, they break:( Anyone else having horrible results trying this sort of thing?

B

bosskram

I think that is just the enhancing breaks (no pun intended). I never realy understood why enhancing is so hard but it seems that every time I try to enhance something I want it breaks but if its mostly crap that is just going to get just alittle better with enhancement it works every time. Good luck with your suit, hope it works out for you. Its a good idea to enhance with gold by the way. Just need to do a mushroom grind for about 2 hours to get enough.:eek:

G

GL_Seller

keep at it. I made a luck/lrc pieces for my tamer. I did the same as u i made gloves arms and legs. Legs i enhanced first time, arms second time. Gloves on the other hand i broke 29 pairs before i got a pair to enhance.

At least now u can imbue after u enhance so u dont waste all the other ingreds when u break.

B

Beastmaster

I made some gloves and sleeves after many failures. Then I moved on to pants and can't get them to enhance. I've gone through 40k leather trying to get a pair of pants.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aren't you guys Fortifying your armor pieces - or just tossing em after 45ish DUR runs out? The only time I imbue an item below 70 Dur is when I am making a Gatherer suit or Scribe suit, something that seldom sees combat and hence damage.

The only reason I don't do what you all are doing is because I would haveto use up expensive Powder of Fortification before Imbuing and then watch 200-400K worth of Powder go !Poof! each time the item broke ...

G

Gowron

Aren't you guys Fortifying your armor pieces - or just tossing em after 45ish DUR runs out? The only time I imbue an item below 70 Dur is when I am making a Gatherer suit or Scribe suit, something that seldom sees combat and hence damage.

The only reason I don't do what you all are doing is because I would haveto use up expensive Powder of Fortification before Imbuing and then watch 200-400K worth of Powder go !Poof! each time the item broke ...
I'm not certain that this post is relavent. Regardless of the duration of the equipment you're trying to enhance, I believe luck has the highest chance of breaking just during the enhance process.

G

Gelf

r u using a garg to enhance? i believe they get a bonus for enhancement

K

Kallie Pigeon

I have been enhancing looted items with high luck. I always save my highest luck piece and enhance anything lower than that piece. With weapons I have managed to get one mace enhanced wioth gold to 139 luck and a few other pieces at 133 to 136. With armor I haven't been so lucky :) I found it better to use a spined runic and spined leather and from that I got a 140 luck gorget (big deal since there is a 200 luck necklace) and some other pieces with decent luck (in the 131 to 137 range) although I do have a plate chest piece enhanced with gold which is 131. Pretty much most of the high luck armor when enhanced go poof.

L

Lord Roland Banethor

Well, it worked finally! I just got a talisman with a little bit higher blacksmithing chance than the one I had. Worked like a charm:) Chain tunic, ring leggings, and ring gloves (the 3 main pieces I wanted) all enhanced to 140, hehe.

I didn't worry about durability with them though. Mainly because it's on my bard/tamer, so I won't be in the thick of things (hopefully, heh). If it was for my pally it'd be different.

Only problem I'm having is trying to enhance a 100 luck singing axe with gold. That's going horribly, and I'm not sure I'm going to keep trying. We'll see though:)

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Strange .... talismans shouldnt work for enhancing. *g*
The gargoyle race bonus for enhancing is tied to imbuing. It was something like 1% for a garg GM imbuer and +1% for every 10 additional skillpoints in imbuing.

L

Lord Roland Banethor

Hmm, I didn't know that. Is it verified anywhere that talisman's don't count for enhancing? Enhancement is based on your blacksmithing skill, obviously.. so a smithing hammer +60 would definitely help. I would think a talisman would too.. not the exceptional bonus on it, but just the basic blacksmithing bonus would at least.

I know it seemed to make a difference for me at least, lol.

G

georgemarvin2001

LOL if you think you had a hard time enhancing imbued blacksmith armor, with 120 skill plus a 60 ASH for a total 180 skill, you should try enhancing wood armor. You can only get to 100 skill. I used a talisman even though it isn't supposed to matter, and still popped 138 pieces to make one 6-piece max luck suit for my warrior. Of course I didn't use PoF; I tried the first several times, till I ran out. Then I said I would just let the durability fall where it may.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Talismans have no effect on enhancing. Enhancing sucks in general and Luck has always been the most difficult for me to achieve success.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I konw you are working on a Blacksmitthed lick suit - but why?

I jusr finished making my LRC Luck Suit and only had to make 3 Pieces Arms, Legs, and Gloves. All have 140 Luck, LRC, LMC, MR and i tweaked the lowest resist.

The hardest part was the Powders of Fort, I broke a total of 9 pieces enhancing and with POF at 100 - 175k each well that was the most expendsive part.

Using the Chester Hat, Mempo, AOF, Crafted (arms, legs, gloves), Nova Blue, Conjers 140 Luck Robe, Sorrlets, 140 Luck knife and 80 Luck shield i tote 1910 luck before i hit the luck boost statue.

Also like i said I am 100 LRC with LMC amd MR