• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] Using cloth to get to 120

Lucivius

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This may have already been posted, but I did not see it in the faq. Since the launch of SA there are new items that allow you to reach 120 skill using cloth only. I started making Gargish cloth kilts (6 cloth) at 94.6. My skill is now 109.7, which gives a 55% chance of success. Total cloth used between 94.6and 109.7 is 5000. The Gargish cloth arms (8 cloth) have a slightly higher difficulty if I need to switch to something more difficult at higher skill levels.

K

Kallie Pigeon

I filled large tailor bods to gain skill and earned some cash and rewards but I had to take breaks to farm leather and bones. Plus got to clear out space in my bod books. I was doing cloth ninja hoods prior.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
So what is the best way to collect cloth?

I suppose I could just buy it, and bleach it so it stacks. Are there any tricks to this? Or is there a mad sheep spawn that provides and endless supply with amazing respawn (shear, kill, instant respawn)? I have a GM tailor I finished in 2000 and haven't used much except for a GGS gain here or there. I think he is at 106 now. If I can do this all by cloth to 120 now I probably ought to finish him off.

-OBSIDIAN-

J

[JD]

I would like to know the best way to collect cloth also as I'm about to add tailoring to my newbie imbuer and would like to begin skilling it up with a large cloth supply :)

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New Haven by the brigands has alot of sheep..
You can also pick up cotton, there are many feilds of it..

And dont forget turning in them low lvl cloth bods give you colored cloth...

That or go buy it by the bolt its 100 gold depending were you go...

I find towns like Nujhem best since no one ever goes there realy...

And i think the ninja hoods can get you to 120 i was reading about 2 months back..

Good luck and have fun.

I

IgorBR

Are you sure its 55% chance? I think it's 55% chance of exceptional. Do this apply to see which item is good to raise skill?
I am at 112 and I am lost to see what should I do with cloth, because I cant seem to find leather to buy in large scale and I hate to stay there gathering leather.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Best gains for tailoring and Blacksmith skills are between 60 to 80% chance of success - The devs even coded that range into the talk that George Hesphaestus gives in New Haven.

Chance to make exceptional (without talismans) is as follows:

0 to 95.0 skill = Chance to make - 60%

100.0 to 120.0 skill = chance to make - 45%

95.1 to 100.0 skill = Add 0.3% to chance to make exceptional for every 0.1 skill from 95.1 to 100.0 (where the bonus amount reaches 15%, and the exceptional gain rate slows back down to normal).
So, at 95.5%, the bonus would be (0.3% * 5 = 1.5%, which is then added into the equation for 0-95 skill; Success chance + 1.5% - 60% = Success chance - 58.5% = chance of exceptional).

Talsiman bonuses to make normally do not apply to the above equations, while Talisman exceptional bonuses add to the result, even making it possible to have a small chance of craft exceptionally when skill alone would not allow it (50% chance to craft - 60% = -10% of exceptional (displayed as 0%), that a +25% Exceptional talisman would raise to 15.0%)

Items that are 15% to 35% chance to craft exceptional are in the optimum skill gain range, above 100 Skill, though after using a 120 skill Powerscroll, you can gain (slowly) on items that are as much as 74.8% chance of exceptional, before talisman use (gains stop at 120% effective success chance, displayed as 75.0% exceptional chance when skill is 100+)

I

IgorBR

Thanks for the post!
Sadly I farmed 3 furtraders and spent lot of money to get hides, now I am 1.0 to go.