• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] using beetle to carry plants

V

viking1088

I read the faq that says your plants will perform a growth check if your beetle is carrying them. This did not happen for me after planting them on day 1. I am waiting another day to see what happens. Is everyone sure this will work? I am keeping 100 plants inside a chest that is inside my beetle. Do you think I need to remove the plants from the chest and just keep them inside the beetle? Any comments are appreciated and thank you for your help.

D

DHMagicMan_1

This has always worked for me... even inside multiple levels of bags and boxes etc...

The first day you have to wait over 24 hours... so if you plant your last plant at 7 PM local time you have to log in that character after say 7:15 PM or so the next night... if you happen to be logged in at 5 PM and stay logged on until 8 PM you won't get the growth check while you are logged on, even though the time has passed... you have to log out... wait long enough for the toon to "leave the world"... then log back in so the toon is loaded from the database and it will get a growth check.

I'm sure you will get the check on day two.

V

viking1088

Thanks Magic, you were right I got the growth check today.
I was disappointed to see that I had to move my chest of plants into my own pack in order to tend for them. I was hoping to be able to tend to them while they were still inside the beetle but it wouldn't let me. No biggie though.

D

DHMagicMan_1

Thanks Magic, you were right I got the growth check today.
I was disappointed to see that I had to move my chest of plants into my own pack in order to tend for them. I was hoping to be able to tend to them while they were still inside the beetle but it wouldn't let me. No biggie though.
That part is true... so I usually have a box or backpack with 110 plants (in 3 or 4 packs) on my toon and another with roughly the same number on my beetle... I tend on my toon, drop the box to the floor, move packie's to me, move floor to packie, remount and tend... it's not that big a delay.