• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Use Best Weapon Skill

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm curious, I am currently training archery, and it's going a bit slower than I'd like. Mainly because the fastest bow I've been able to find is a 4 second delay between shots. But I'm wondering, if I were to find a quicker weapons (say a kryss or dagger) that has UBWS on it, would fighting with that raise my archery, or just do a skill check on it when computing the damage done?

Faith

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UBWS does not work for archery. What you're gonna have to do is temporarily raise your dex to 125 and then 150 with items if you can, and use as much stamina increase as you can possibly fit on pieces. Then use a magical shortbow and you'll pretty much swing 1 arrow ever 1.25 secs. :)

Anyways, use a magical short bow, they are the fastest in my opinion (and get as much stam increase that you can get)

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UBWS does not work for archery. What you're gonna have to do is temporarily raise your dex to 125 and then 150 with items if you can, and use as much stamina increase as you can possibly fit on pieces. Then use a magical shortbow and you'll pretty much swing 1 arrow ever 1.25 secs. :)

Anyways, use a magical short bow, they are the fastest in my opinion (and get as much stam increase that you can get)
I believe repeating crossbow is a smidge faster. I could be wrong.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UBWS does work with archery.
my archer uses a ubws kryss and it works very good when i run out of or dont want to waste bolts.

also the fastest bow in the game is the magic shortbow. get one with 35+ SSI
the fastest crossbow is the repeater but.. you do more dmg with the reg crossbow with high ssi (30+) on it even tho its slower.

think what faith ment to say is you cant use a ubws bow without archery skill, those dont work.

also you dont gain archery skill with a ubws wep :(
archery is a very slow skill to raise, specially since you miss alot and you cant go after the bigger mosnters easy.

what i did on both my archers is go after ettins and stuff in despise, then find a party that is doing peerless. like lady mel.. or goto doom.
i gmed my first archer from 50 skill in doom in one week..
do the new haven quest if your not to 50 yet.

at first just stand back and hit the knights and stuff, then rotting corpses. they take so long to kill you almost always gain a full point in skill before its dead.

just buy about 5 quivers and insure them all, then fill them with arrows..
remember to loot all the corpses you can, people usually dont grab the arrows.

K

Kith Kanan

get as fast a bow as possible , 150 dex , 45 dci and use the hld glasses

E

Eslake

Actually yes, Repeating Crossbow is faster, just not by much.

You can find SSI propertied repeaters just about anywhere, just scrounge a few and find a bowcrafter to put Ash on them for more SSI.

+dex gear, greater agility pots, and quiver of infinity.. take a couple thousand bolts and head to shame with your new speed-bow and start raking in the manuer.. er.. fertile dirt.

G

GFY

For gaining archery I have a repeating crossbow with 35 ssi and no di and no slayer. I like to hunt Arctic Ogre Lords with this. You need Bushido to make this work. With the 50 HCI you get from lightning strike you can gain fairly quickly.

I use low di because I'm looking to gain skill not kills. You need to hit your target often and if you kill it too quickly... well you don't gain as much.

B

Balian of Asgard

So how does this UBWS stuff work if your primary skillis archer.
Can I use a UBWS mace to disarm dexxers?
ty

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UBWS w/ Archery is broken.

Here is how it works, and I tested this about 2 months ago.

If you have 120 archery (and 90 or more tactics) and you use a UBWS Mace (or dagger, or kryss, etc.) you CAN use the special moves on those weapons. This misleads people into thinking that you can use any UBWS with archery and don't need a wep skill, but that isn't the case. The UWBS lets you use the specials, but you don't get the improved chance to hit. It is as if you are swinging a Kryss with 0 fencing skill.

And there is no such thing as a UWBS bow of any sort.