• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Uriah

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sad news. :frown2:
Seems so surreal since he was on the boards the same day.
One day they´re here, the next day they´re gone...

Thanks for letting us know, DevilsOwn.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I am... at loss of words.
Uriah was a very kind man. He was most welcoming when I first came to UO and Legends.
He was a good friend. He will be greatly missed.

Rest in peace, old friend. I will drink to your honour and memory tonight.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
*flips through the pages of an old tomb with the name Uriah Heep lettered in gold down the side. The story and histories of Uriah spread through the endless pages before him. As the light of the day fades, reaches up and sets the tomb on an old dusty shelf alongside several other names lettered the same way down the spines.*

Uriah Heep my old friend I will miss our conversations and your fun plans for the communities of Sosaria. Travel safe my friend and rest assured you made a difference for many travelers in Sosaria.

*Lights a Candle of Love in the window and settles down a small table by the fire with two chairs and pours two glasses of Good Old Moonglow Red. With a flourishing salute to his friend in the empty chairs he raises the glass and takes a long drink draining the glass to the dregs*

*Glancing up to the new book of the shelf he pours himself another glass and glances over reflectively at the fire*

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think this is the obit:

Uriah traded me a castle and several pack mules of checks for my first EM rare, a lantern on Legends 7(?) years ago. He and Dev were a constant fixture when I played on Legends and he was always as helpful as a person could be. He put huge amounts of time in setting up the Legends festival each year, and he was never shy when devs needed feedback. If it weren't for Uriah and Dev I would have quit UO in 2014 and I know there a plenty of other players on Legends that he helped as well. Safe travels buddy, I'll put some prog rock on for you tonight.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So sad to read this. He will be very much missed on Legends/Atlantic and here on Stratics. Although I never got to meet him in-game, I always enjoyed his posts here. It's hard to believe he's gone. My condolences to his family and friends. May he rest in peace.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Uriah/Harold our friend, fellow Texan, and forever our"Country Basket" we will miss you more than words can convey. We had many great conversations about UO, Texas, Dairy Queen's Country Basket, fishing, grits, skeeters, wild hogs, and marauding armadillos and raccoons in your garden. You and Jirel had some epic arguments, but y'all always apologized to each other and made up. Our hearts are so heavy we've lost so many people we love lately. My friend I hope you and St. Peter find a good fishing hole and get in some fishing. There's whole lotta folks missing you down here, but we'll see you again. Via Con Dios, hasta que nos encontramos de nuevo mi amigo! Let's all remember Uriah with a Dairy Queen Country Basket, with double toast and double gravy.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I remember when I first came to Legends we were on ICQ and I gave him my email and he was gonna send me some info when he could find it. Forgot what it was. Something about UO book lists or something cause we both loved in game books. So I get this email from hacker@ blah blah blah. So I catch him on ICQ. I'm like Dude! I'm not opening an email from you! Last thing I need is some hacker guy getting into my computer. So he tells me that's his name lol. I told him that's what a hacker would say ;) Great guy :) He was ALWAYS there. He mostly did our Christmas tree by himself, naturally many people helped, but the tree was like his thing :) It's a different game without him. I just can't get over it. I don't know what his account situation is like but for the love of God someone save those books! I'm sure many of them are the only copies in the game. So much old Legends lore and info. I copied a lot of them but couldn't get them all with the various lock down settings. I'd open another account if I had to to save those books. Wow... just wow.

Penderrin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just wanted to make note that if anyone has ever been to Lucian Flames Wee Carnival, played Alchemical Bowling or Enchanted Squares on various shards, you've interacted with Uriah in game even if you didn't know it. He's always been a staple of that event crew. Him and DevilsOwn also hosted The Phoenix Festival for many years honoring the lost of the Legends shard. As mentioned above he did the Christmas trees. He was always there to help with anything. He was a pillar of Legends. A Legend of Legends. A personal hero of mine.

K-li

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thank you everyone for your kind words about my precious husband. He enjoyed playing with all of you. He was a champion UO player and taught me so much. We were married 34 yrs and I miss him soo very much. Life is hard and difficult without him. Please keep me and his family in your prayers.

Again, Thank you,
K-li/Abbie Gail aka Penny Acker

K-li

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I remember when I first came to Legends we were on ICQ and I gave him my email and he was gonna send me some info when he could find it. Forgot what it was. Something about UO book lists or something cause we both loved in game books. So I get this email from hacker@ blah blah blah. So I catch him on ICQ. I'm like Dude! I'm not opening an email from you! Last thing I need is some hacker guy getting into my computer. So he tells me that's his name lol. I told him that's what a hacker would say ;) Great guy :) He was ALWAYS there. He mostly did our Christmas tree by himself, naturally many people helped, but the tree was like his thing :) It's a different game without him. I just can't get over it. I don't know what his account situation is like but for the love of God someone save those books! I'm sure many of them are the only copies in the game. So much old Legends lore and info. I copied a lot of them but couldn't get them all with the various lock down settings. I'd open another account if I had to to save those books. Wow... just wow.
I am keeping his accounts open for now, til i run out of money LOL

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thank you everyone for your kind words about my precious husband. He enjoyed playing with all of you. He was a champion UO player and taught me so much. We were married 34 yrs and I miss him soo very much. Life is hard and difficult without him. Please keep me and his family in your prayers.

Again, Thank you,
K-li/Abbie Gail aka Penny Acker
Very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine. My ex died 3 years after I left him. We were only together for 8 years... and it was hard and it's still hard some 25 years later. I can't imagine your sadness and loss right now. Stay strong. Peace be with you. You will always be in my prayers.

K-li

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine. My ex died 3 years after I left him. We were only together for 8 years... and it was hard and it's still hard some 25 years later. I can't imagine your sadness and loss right now. Stay strong. Peace be with you. You will always be in my prayers.
Thank you so much.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I am so sorry for your loss, he may be gone, but he is still in your :heart: and will never be forgotten. Bless you and your love ones♥.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I really hope someone on Uriah's home shard will get a memorial for him in game.