• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Updating the Top 100...

S

SethGalloway

Will they update the Top 100 list during the weekend?

Something I hated about all cities except Alphaville was the Top 100 List was always a day behind when they updated the hours you had received. Will they update them daily here in EA-L?

G

I am not actually positive on this but I think they update the top 100 lists every 3 to 4 days. Not sure if there are any plans to change this.

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

Yes, it was every 3-4 days... or what you see today was the hours from 3-4 days ago, or something like that.

D

DGLita

My understanding of house hours is that it is averaged out over the past 4 days.

I

imported_Danny Dots

I think there should be a whole new system for the top 100 in EA Land.. I think they should be lists of all the houses in the cat. reather than just the top 100 because it will be hard for houses in cities that just merged into EA Land to get to the top or even on it. Thank god they aren't letting free players count for hours anymore in TC3

I

imported_SimTripps

<blockquote><hr>

I think there should be a whole new system for the top 100 in EA Land.. I think they should be lists of all the houses in the cat. reather than just the top 100 because it will be hard for houses in cities that just merged into EA Land to get to the top or even on it. Thank god they aren't letting free players count for hours anymore in TC3

[/ QUOTE ]

Right on Danny! I was just talking to someone in-game about this just a sec ago lol... Top 100 based on visitor hours should be eliminated. It is completely misleading, since soooo many stores, including those supposedly sanctioned by Luc Bartlett, either have like 10 afk visitors who are, let's face it, most likely using the bot-sit program, or stores that are known for their obnoxious behaviour and treat their customers rudely - why should these fools be a top store is beyond me lol...

Instead, a rating system should be introduced, similar to what is used, say, on eBay, xBox 360, etc., where you can rate {a particular property} based on a set of criteria, and the player's or property's reputation/rank is based on player mass feedback, and NOT their visitor hours...

S

Sean Kendrick

<blockquote><hr>

Here here Danny! I was just talking to someone in-game about this just a sec ago lol... Top 100 based on visitor hours should be eliminated. It is completely misleading, since soooo many stores, including those supposedly sanctioned by Luc Bartlett, have like 10 afk visitors who are, let's face it, probably running on the bot-sit program... or the store is known, even though it's at the top of the heap, for obnoxious behaviour and treats their customers rudely - why should these fools be a top store is beyond me lol...

Instead, a rating system should be introduced, similar to what is used, say, on eBay, xBox 360, etc., where you can rate {a particular property} based on a set of criteria, and it's the players or property's reputation that is reflected in the ranking, and NOT their visitor hours...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I suggested that a while ago in a similar post. But I added that you would have to actually buy something there to rate them.

T

TomDaBombb

The ranking system is useless. All of the top houses have 4 or 5 sims hiding because people have more than one account and they have their other sims hiding - to raise up their visitor rate.
It's an unfair advantage to those of use who can't afford to pay for 5 separate accounts or to buy outside programs that keep multiple screens from timing out.

Store rankings should be based on amount of purchases or income made on a daily basis - not just how many sims are hiding under tables and beds.
All lots should be ranked on participating visitors - how about we just eliminate the HIDE option all together!

R

rookie

Eliminate hide and also lower the motive in stores so we have to green every 30 minutes or so instead of 45-60 minutes.

Rookie

G

<blockquote><hr>

Eliminate hide and also lower the motive in stores so we have to green every 30 minutes or so instead of 45-60 minutes.

Rookie

[/ QUOTE ]

Or instead of eliminating hide, just eliminate the fact that it causes motives to not go down at all, instead maybe just makes them go down slower, or even better make it so that a person cannot hide for more than 10 minutes at a time, even if timeout is being circumvented in some other fashion. A sim who is actually playing 'hide and seek' surely can be seeked and found within that 5 minute time frame, and if not they can just rehide somewhere else if they get seeked (sought
) automatically. Even when waiting on a pizza team, if you've gotta wait more than 10 minutes to find a team, or more than 10 minutes on somebody to green, then it's probably hopeless and you should go somewhere else anyway. So many ways they could fix this issue....I'm really hoping after all the merges and we get past this steadfast deadline that will decide the ultimate game future, that the devs can look at some of these ideas, especially if they can be put on a Wiki page (maybe I can finally take the time to write one of those on something like this if I can get things refined now that my distractions arent so frequent). Do y'all think its a good idea if I try to do this with some of these ideas, giving credit to those who thought of them, since so many are totally Wiki-phobic or Wiki-illiterate?