• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Updating problems.

K

keeshi

I got an email about the return to brit program, and I desided to update my UO and try playing again(2d client) and I get this now....

Starting patch session...
Transferring patch information
Downloading patch uosa_win32_7-0-0-0.rtp( 42576022 bytes )
Downloading patch uosa_win32_7-0-0-0.pat( 12 bytes )
Applying patch patch\uosa_win32_7-0-0-0.rtp
Error applying patch
Error during session
Your client may not be the most recent version.
You may be able to play the game with your current client.
Check http://www.uo.com/ for help on resolving patching issues.
Click OK to play the game or Cancel to abort.

I've tried deleteing the patch file and redownloading it, but its the same thing every time.

Any clues?

PS; Not Vista, and it updated for awhile until THIS point.

J

JPDefault

Did you update from an older client that you already had installed, or did you download it from Mythic (or Fileplanet)?

J

JPDefault

Probably the last "successful" patch had corrupted files. I fear you should reinstall.
OR try the EC. :D

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probably the last "successful" patch had corrupted files. I fear you should reinstall.
OR try the EC. :D
Not sure if any of the cumulative patches were removed since you last patched.

Could also be bad files or bad checksum of the files.

Dload the latest 2D client and reinstalling should hopefully help.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can also try deleting the files from your 'patch' folder in UO and trying again. There will also be a 'patchlog' file in your UO folder that you can open in notepad, it should give some information. Start from the end and work up, any error will be close to the last thing it did.