• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Updating Home

B

Bluntman2

Question about house custumization.... I currently have a house with quite a few boxes locked down and about 25+ vendors set up outside. Is it possible to redesign this house without having to remove everything from the house? Or how do I go about changing the design? Never tried changing the house once I had so much stuff already placed in it...

G

some things...like all the heritage deeded stuff etc...they will make you redeed before you even start. THEN anything you had on a wall or by a wall you now moved over its tile space when rebuilding...gets popped into the crate as well. All of your vendors will go into crate too. Can't remember, its been awhiles but...I think anything you "floated" by using a tile on another floor using a temp telepad and "scaffolding" and thus after removed such equipment to get the darn thing up that high...MIGHT pop into the crate as well, not sure about that one.

G

First thing first thoes vendors have to go. I don't believe it will even let you go into the custom mode with them up.

G

Yeah it will, as long as they are vendor placed by the house owner account and not rental vendors.

B

Bluntman2

Thanks for all your input... guess I wont be remodeling anytime soon... I just cant fathom having to reset up all my vendors again...

Thanks again...

G

bluntman, when you say reset, do you mean like having to put all your stock back on the vendors and dressing them again (if you have them theme dressed), etc? If so, your in a bit of a misconception there. When the vendor go into your moving crate, they go in in the same state they are in at your home (as long as they are your personal vendors, of course). All you have to do to get them back out is stand where you want the vendor placed at, bring up your characters context menu, select Get Vendor in the list, and choose who you want to place where. Very easy and doesn't take hardly any time at all.

I

imported_Lucretia

Is there a maximum that the moving crate can hold?

Also, in the FAQ, it says to "make sure you remove everything from the moving crate before you commit". That just doesn't make sense to me...anyone?

G

Desperado,

I tried this on Test Center. All my vendors went in the moving crate, but my character has no "get vendor" in the context menu options.

What am I missing?

-Skylark

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<font color="purple"> didja look on the little vendor-doll, too? I've never gone thru this, but would be handy to know how to do it ~~~ or maybe ya need to be within five tiles of the housesign or some such silly thing? </font>

G

I tried everything...the vendor menu while they were in the crate, inside the house, outside, house sign, avatar context menu, paperdoll...no luck. However, I realized that the vendors that went into the crate were only those which did not have money for their daily fee. I did another test, placed a vendor and loaded him up with gold. I then went into customize mode, and he did not go into the crate. I changed the design, and erased the floor he had been on, and he ended up OUTSIDE the house, but I never got an option to move him.

I am thinking it is safest to dismiss the vendors, and create new ones after the redesign at this point.

-Skylark

G

Never had that happen myself. When you say the vendor ended up outside the house, do you mean like floating in the air (since you're standing on a balcony in the screenshot above) or out in the grassy area surrounding the house?

Most of my vendors have always been on the front border steps into my plots, so whenever I customize, they always go into the crate, and the menu always worked for me. I'll jump on test and screw around with it a bit, see it I can figure out why its not working for you.

G

Thats because the programming views the location as valid, even though there isn't a floor tile under him (same as with any item you lock down and remove the floor from under). Only way to move him would be to either drop the vendor or go back in and place a wall tile where he is standing and he should get shunted over to the moving crate. Still working on checking your other problem though, housing was disabled when I logged into test earlier.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<font color="purple"> housing on test hasn't worked since the first day or two of the last patch there
and that little gump still tells ya to try again in a few minutes ........ sheeeeesh </font>

I

imported_xStrikerx

Might have something to do with the anti-script placing code they are working on for next patch.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Might have something to do with the anti-script placing code they are working on for next patch.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't see that in the TC patch notes yet, but if so, I hope they come up with a bit different solution. I could have "fixed" it myself, if preventing all house placement was the only requirement.

-Skylark