• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Updater.............This is getting old....

N

nodgree

All my sims have finally made it to EA-Land. BUT, I cant play them because the updater isnt working and I'm stuck in the production cities (where I no longer have any sims). This issue has bee here for too long not to have been addressed. Can we get this fixed please? I have been patient with all the issues but its really stearting to wear away at me now. Fix the little things before worrying about the big things. Is that too much to ask.

I

imported_Qute Pi

It was just the opposite for me.
I tried to go to production last night, and got the error.
Finally I gave up and crossed my fingers as I tried to go back to EA Land...and it worked just fine.

So they are closing the production cities and I can't even finalize my life...but at the same time I've had plenty of time to prepare, so I shouldn't complain. lol.

I do however agree the situation itself is getting old.

G

I agree... I haven't been able to login in over a day now because of the updater.

A

ayla02

Yup getting very old. Posted about this already this morning. I pay for this?

N

nodgree

I dont want to sound like I'm not appreciative to everything the Dev's have done in the last few months because its just the opposite. I definately take my hat off to them and I know they are working thier @ss's off to save TSO. I'm just afraid between the updater and the verification loop, all thier efforts are going to be in vein.

A

ayla02

I do not know who is to blame for this mess and I do not care to blame anyone. I want it fixed. I want what to be able to do what I pay for

V

VitArm

<blockquote><hr>

I do not know who is to blame for this mess and I do not care to blame anyone. I want it fixed. I want what to be able to do what I pay for

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen.

G

Please use the Technical Advice forum to complain about the updater there's a big post already started in there!

C

Catwoman1966

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that motion. This is getting beyond a joke now and it's bad enough when the production cities get closed that I won't be able to play my sims I have there or use my trees etc. ( I don't wanna lose my house so I'm not riding the train ). And God knows when they will be merged into EA-Land.. this is disgusting to say we pay hard earned money for this crap!

And before anyone says anything.. No, I don't blame the devs.. they work all the hours God sends to try to make a go of this mess.
In my opinion TSO is on it's way out, thanks to greedy EA who wont even think of re-imbursing us for everything they are putting us through.

OK, rant over...

Cat.

A

ayla02

<blockquote><hr>

Please use the Technical Advice forum to complain about the updater there's a big post already started in there!

[/ QUOTE ]

Was started here before there and issue is not being addressed either place

G

maybe because it's early in the morning in California, and a lot of the Devs are asleep

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

maybe because it's early in the morning in California, and a lot of the Devs are asleep

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL....Yep Yep...I hate when these problems happen on weekends and early mornings. Oh and yesterday was Presidents day in the States. Guess we have to wait awhile longer to play.
I wonder what time the Updater wakes up?

M

MonaLittlemore

I could understand that if it wasnt happening for me yesterday at 4 pm eastern time ..And I wasnt posting over and over again ...Something all the time ..But I know some people are playing and are happy

B

Bindy

Well its 1 est and Ive seen no message letting us know if they are fixing this or not. Not in here or in the tech thread. This stinks, I know they are busy doing something or at least I hope they are but you'd think someone could at least drop a quick note saying they are working on it or not. I think its getting time to look for another game to play, maybe.

T

Tristan Lewis

Well not sure it will help but i see tons of complaints but not one post containing exactly what the updater says when the error pops up. So im waiting and will post just that.
Connecting to downloads.tso.ea.com.26100
That is what it reads on the first line.
Update failed
Is on the second line.

N

nodgree

Well I got around the updater issue and got into ea-land and low and behold, the first lot I visit, my sim gets stuck there. Avatar Leasing Error. I think my patience is finally about gone

T

Tristan Lewis

Guess we cant voice our Opinion on here anymore???? Has this become a Dicktatorship?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Guess we cant voice our Opinion on here anymore???? Has this become a Dicktatorship?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but I personally wish ya'll would just take all the complaints over to the tech forum, where it belongs rather than cluttering up City Hall with the same old issues.

I think the placement of these types of threads in CH is the reason a lot of people are feeling suppressed in their right to complain.

M

mameloot

<blockquote><hr>

No, but I personally wish ya'll would just take all the complaints over to the tech forum, where it belongs rather than cluttering up City Hall with the same old issues.

I think the placement of these types of threads in CH is the reason a lot of people are feeling suppressed in their right to complain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, in the tech forum, it's been frequently said that they only want instances of who is not able to log on, and what we see. They've specifically asked us to save discussion (i.e. ranting) for city hall since this is more of a social part of stratics. Since most of what people have been doing in this thread is venting, it's exactly where they've asked us to put it.

Right now, tempers are high, and people need a place to vent...Don't like it? ... Don't share in the problem? ...then don't open the thread

mame

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think if the moderators wanted it to be in the tech forum they would have put it there already...

D

donnallg

OK I can't get Out of EALand now. Wanted to check my TC3 sims to see what they were up to but can't?

Anyone have a solution for this? I know once before there was a redisturbtion file or something like that, that helped on a few problems.

I can't find the website for it now. Anyone know?

G

There is a current problem with the updater which means that patching between cities is not working as it should - the updater does not recognise the request. Lee once likened this to a phone continually ringing and the ansaphone connection not clicking in to take the call.

I would suggest you wait until the updater problem is fixed before attempting to switch between cities.

Polly

G

Meant to add that EA are aware of this problem and are looking into it.

Polly

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

I could understand that if it wasnt happening for me yesterday at 4 pm eastern time ..And I wasnt posting over and over again ...Something all the time ..But I know some people are playing and are happy

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you complaining about me posting on the boards???

T

Trista Lewis

lmao.......yeah I think!! Atleast you can laugh when it says its done then comes up and says oh no, still verifying...well laugh or hit the computer. LOL

D

donnallg

lmao no just have evil thoughts about the ones responsible for this crap.

Hitting monitor only costs me more money.

I

imported_Qute Pi

Have you tried patching back to the last place that was working for you?

D

donnallg

we finally got it by using tsoclient.exe" "CSCity:EA Land" shortcut

G

Not that it matters to anyone but me, but not only cant I get into EA Land/TC3 today due to the updater issues, but my cable box refuses to update too! Ok so no they are not related issues, but that leaves me with no entertainment at all aside from you all and work!

I

imported_Qute Pi

lol...time to start an amuse niki post..

stupid updates!!..of all kinds!!

G

Ooo great idea...how many ways can you guys come up with to make me giggle?

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

Not that it matters to anyone but me, but not only cant I get into EA Land/TC3 today due to the updater issues, but my cable box refuses to update too! Ok so no they are not related issues, but that leaves me with no entertainment at all aside from you all and work!

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't help it that for the past few days i've been throwing so many replies in Stratics
But I miss my game and talking to my friends so i've adopted a few of you all that at least make me laugh. Thank you for that!!!!

PS..And Qute, iggy the haters , because whatever you have to say here is important to some of us!!!!

I

imported_Qute Pi

last i checked i wasn't a comedian, although people always seem to laugh at me :O hehe.

I made a playground! I have a swing, horse rocker and teeter toter in 5 colors! lol. They are all seats, pretty neat. My friend tested them, you can put a table in front of the horse rocker and still eat your meal. Of course the horses head looks a little funny, but you can see its butt just fine. :p

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ooo great idea...how many ways can you guys come up with to make me giggle?

[/ QUOTE ]

B

Bindy

TTL

Im soooo tired right now, Ive tried a zillion times to get into the game every way possible and nadda. Tried both my Laptop and Desktop and log in is still broken. I was in the production cites last getting my sims their tickets for the train but even at that I cant log into their either. Just stuck in log in hell. I might have to call my doc to get some meds for depression at this rate lmao.

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

In case anyone missed this in Technical Advice:

Re: In verification loop STILL and thread was closed. [Re: LFancey]
#702008 - 02/19/08 07:18 PM (159.153.4.51)
Move Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote

Ok looks fixed from the few reports we are getting. I am trying to buy time to keep the poor tired computer there from filling up its disk every 24 hours. Used to be every week but traffic to patching is way way up.

In the mean time I hope some recent stop gaps will keep this from a nightly issue.

Cheers,

Lee

G

Thanks Legs I was just about to post that I'm in EA Land now, finally.

G

ok just so you know where stick is ...coz i know you all worried ...i am about 400 mb into a 1203mb update thing ..........i m gonna just laugh if i have to loop this one ...oh and another thing now the man is pissed coz i cant reconnect his lappy to my router well tough i say sims is way more important ....he goes to bed in huff HA HA ...anyway shifty eye now at the updater ugh 39 per cent ok done 2 badges in pogo darent do anything to my pc in case of a restart ..sims still more important ....so wish someone would sing to me it might calm my nerves