• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Updater Issues AGAIN????

G

Ok all. Need some help here. I logged out briefly and now I am getting the verify loop again. Anyone else having this issue?

I

imported_Spacey

No, and I usually am the one to get them..over and over again! Check the technical issues page and see if anyone has posted problems and add yours too. Good luck with getting back into the game.

G

This is just getting odd then. I was in game with no problem. I even did the little update it wanted to do. I logged out and when I tried to get back in, I am getting the error to verify my install again. It never even tries to verify unlike the issues from yesterday.

I

imported_Shirl1211

I haven't had any problems logging in since the last bullet train ran.

I

imported_Claudia MacCloud

is there any way of fixing this verifing issue? and be able to play the game w/ out to much trouble to get in? Are they checking on this issue? There are several people that i know of that are having this problem... Some have reinstalled the sims online, and or reinstalled the ea land downloader. and tried to make a new short cut...

Even though all of the above was attempted... most of it was a quick fix to play that game for one day.. The next day they played ... they got the same thing w/ the verifing msg when downloading the update...

Is there any help for my friends?

I

i personally do not have this problem at this time (knocks on wood) but-----

is there any way of fixing this verifing issue? and be able to play the game w/ out to much trouble to get in? Are they checking on this issue? There are several people that i know of that are having this problem... Some have reinstalled the sims online, and or reinstalled the ea land downloader. and tried to make a new short cut...

Even though all of the above was attempted... most of it was a quick fix to play that game for one day.. The next day they played ... they got the same thing w/ the verifing msg when downloading the update...

Is there any help for my friends?

G

as has been posted time after time the verifying prob is not a software issue for the user so reinstalling won't help. it is a hardware problem with EA and they are working on getting a replacement for it and doing workarounds for the time being. It's one of those things we have to kind of live with for the time being.

I

even if "living w/ it " causes someone to quit the game.... It is a hassle to have to reinstall and reinstall reinstall and reinstallreinstall and reinstall day after day day after dayday after dayday after day... they've already said they are gonna quit.... I dont wanna see them go because of the problems cant be fixed anytime soon ....

Is there any help for my friends????

G

Im not sure that reinstalling the game will help them that much, but I'm sure if Lee could run to WalMart to get the new hardware he would have instead of sitting up all night when it decides to take a dump. If they are still having the problem then maybe they are doing something wrong on their end.. can you give us any more information as the updater and all seems to be working now *knock on wood*

G

The updater issues are intermittant and no-one knows when they will strike, hopefully soon they will all be sorted out.

In the meantime if someone isn't patching between cities then it shouldn't be so much of a problem.

There is no need to reinstall the game - the updater issue is an EA server issue.

If your friends are still having a problem, they should post in the Technical Advice forum giving full details of what their problem is and exactly what error messages they are receiving.

Polly

I

ok thank you very much ... i will tell them that

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

Ok all. Need some help here. I logged out briefly and now I am getting the verify loop again. Anyone else having this issue?

[/ QUOTE ]

Chances are that the updater is down due to the Bullet Train running. You can log on through client though.