• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Updated pet training A - Z

adani

Visitor
I see a few people using dread spiders to clear champ waves 1-3 with air poison No clue how to build It that way though.

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
sounds like some experimenting is due, ill go grab one and see what i can come up with unless someone here knows the secret already.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Use animal lore to find out which AOE poison is being used. More than one is available (poison breath, venomous bite)

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Yea that would be helpful, screen shots of lore screens would be even better =) points are very tight on dread spiders...

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Yea that would be helpful, screen shots of lore screens would be even better =) points are very tight on dread spiders...
Never trained Dread spiders..They may be fun to play with but they are squishy..No enough trainig points else they would be huge tanks.
Advantages : They get free Necromage..(?1 point each?), they have high dex and good stam, they can get one or several of these : one special, and 1-2 AoE's (P.Breath, P.Bite) and that with supposedly deadly poison?
Disadvantage : They end up with low hps, do not have enough points to make tank, clear early spawn but die later..
If I wanted to get a really strong pet with hi lev poison and AOE would get a Naja, I think they may get AI or FzWW, and AoE poisons..
Please correct me if I am wrong, will appreciate..

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Never trained Dread spiders..They may be fun to play with but they are squishy..No enough trainig points else they would be huge tanks.
Advantages : They get free Necromage..(?1 point each?), they have high dex and good stam, they can get one or several of these : one special, and 1-2 AoE's (P.Breath, P.Bite) and that with supposedly deadly poison?
Disadvantage : They end up with low hps, do not have enough points to make tank, clear early spawn but die later..
If I wanted to get a really strong pet with hi lev poison and AOE would get a Naja, I think they may get AI or FzWW, and AoE poisons..
Please correct me if I am wrong, will appreciate..
If you give them Necromage it takes off their poison...... so don't do that... I give them nothing but Goo... this makes them insane for the first 3 levels or so of a spawn... I'd like to see if I can give on Goo and AI but that doesn't seem to work... Mobs that are higher than level 3 of a spawn tend to take it awhile to chew on... now if you give it good HPR and MR they seem to be pretty decent... but you do need to vet them. But their downfall is they can't do much damage without AI... again if you give them anything that would help that it takes the poison off... now if you trained the poison up to GM don't know if that would make it ok to give them Necromage or not... if it would have high poison still and use it... and then if it did what would happen when it died a few times? would that make it drop it and unable to raise it back up?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
What would be interesting to test, is if you can give them a poison AOE, and bring poisoning to GM first, since then the AOE would be DP or LP? not sure, then after poisoning is 100, give them necromage for free. Tha Naja I have, has 100 Poison, and poison AOE (he is silly he has both P.Breath, and P.Bite) plus shashing, died a few times in the Fel spawns, poisoning dropped to 98 or so, then with fighting trained the poison back to GM again. i wonder if D spiders would behave same way : If so they would end up with DP AoE, and Necromage for FREE..The free part they desperately need, since they do not get the training points of other pets. Might grab one and go to TC1 to check it out.
I guess another pet that would be insane poisoning plus necromage may be the Runebeetle, with free magery but 500 points in necro? Not tested it and dont want to mess up my prepatch runie yet. For the rune beetle, same thing I guess first poisoning, then P. Bite or breath, then lastly necromage for ?500 points? Not sure..
Would be awesome if D Spiders were with 2-slot variety also..

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What would be interesting to test, is if you can give them a poison AOE, and bring poisoning to GM first, since then the AOE would be DP or LP? not sure, then after poisoning is 100, give them necromage for free. Tha Naja I have, has 100 Poison, and poison AOE (he is silly he has both P.Breath, and P.Bite) plus shashing, died a few times in the Fel spawns, poisoning dropped to 98 or so, then with fighting trained the poison back to GM again. i wonder if D spiders would behave same way : If so they would end up with DP AoE, and Necromage for FREE..The free part they desperately need, since they do not get the training points of other pets. Might grab one and go to TC1 to check it out.
I guess another pet that would be insane poisoning plus necromage may be the Runebeetle, with free magery but 500 points in necro? Not tested it and dont want to mess up my prepatch runie yet. For the rune beetle, same thing I guess first poisoning, then P. Bite or breath, then lastly necromage for ?500 points? Not sure..
Would be awesome if D Spiders were with 2-slot variety also..
To be Honest... Dread Spiders should be 2 slots in the first place... they have no business being a 3 slot pet. They honestly don't do the damage to justify 3 slots. IMO they are a feeble pet at 3 makes them almost not worth the effort... would be nice if the frost spiders could go to 5 slots but they can't.... so they too are a feeble pet.