• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UPDATED] Albion Online is Coming to Steam

Stratics News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
forum.albiononline.com/index.p…b7db478a908a1547df664139a

Hello all,

It's official: Albion Online will soon be coming to Steam for PC, Mac and Linux.

Why Steam?

Albion has been coming along nicely in the past months. The Lancelot update has been especially well-received by our community, and we feel the game is now in a great place to open it up to the broader Steam audience in order to build on the steady growth we've seen since the Kay update in December. Bringing in new players will not only make the world feel more alive and populated, but also allow for plenty of new economic opportunities, PvP matches, and social connections to be made. We are looking forward to welcoming those who have been waiting for the game to come to Steam, as well as those that may have never even heard of us, to the world of Albion!

We'll be announcing the launch date soon, so check back often. Click here to view the Albion Online Steam page - and be sure to follow us on Steam and add the game to your wishlist.

STEAM FAQ:

Can I play Albion Online on Steam with an existing account?

In order to play Albion Online on Steam you must purchase the game through the Steam store and create a new account. Once you have done this, you can either play on Steam with your new account, or login via an existing account.

NOTE: While ingame purchases of Gold and/or Premium status will be credited to the currently logged-in account, Epic and Legendary Packs purchased through the Steam store can only be used by the primary Steam account.

Can I link my trial account to a purchased Steam account?

Yes. To do this, simply use the same email you used for the trial account for the Steam version. This will link your trial account to your Steam account.

Do my friend referrals count when they upgrade on Steam?

Yes, as long as they register with the same email during the account creation process as they used for the trial account.

Do I get Steam achievements for progress that I achieved before playing via Steam?

Some achievements may be awarded for progress achieved by playing Albion prior to using the Steam client. Other achievements have specific tracking and can only be achieved by using the Steam client. While we will make our best efforts to make all Steam achievements accessible to all players, we cannot guarantee that a given Steam achievement will always be attainable.

Continue reading...