• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UPDATE!

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im updating my Seller Beware thread.....im not mentioning any names this time but id just like everyone to know that i won the case against that person on paypal....

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<font color="purple"> isn't it nice when the good guy wins
</font>

G

How did you win a case for virtual fraud?

The last time I spoke with their account security staff for my case they stated that paypal does not cover the sale of intangible goods. It is a seller beware policy which means you are SOL should you get reversed on. It's also part of their terms of service.

The only time the seller can win a case like this is when they provide proof of shipping via USPS/UPS/FexEx Tracking numbers to the paypal investigation team which usually takes at least a few months.

How'd you win and get it resolved in less than one ?

C

Cazzador

Dang thats a good one. I been scamed a couple times like that. I never though of doing that.

Ryna

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the big transactions, you can also include one real world item in with the mix. It could be anything, such as a piece of paper signed by your mother or a box of packing peanuts. Then, since there is a real world item on there, you will have a safeguard against that kinda stuff.