• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Update me on the past two years. Anything new?

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Haven't played for two years. What's new in the game? Anything exciting in PvM or is Shadowguard still the best end game farm?

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I suppose it really depends on what you enjoy doing. gathering resources? Pirating is easier, being able to make things in bulk instead of click make last a bajillion times. (yes I know about make max)
A few new pets. Tmaps are different. If you are just straight hack and slash, I am not so sure. Doom has been made more challenging. The Darkfathers specifically.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Haven't played for two years. What's new in the game? Anything exciting in PvM or is Shadowguard still the best end game farm?
Basically there have been so many changes in the last 2 years, nobody wants to write a book for someone that is not serious about playing. So you get tiny answers.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So we had Frost Dragons, Tritons, Krampus, Khaldun, Sorcerers dungeon, Pumpkin Headed Pirates on Beacons, two years ago.

One group thought there have been enough changes to dedicate a web site to them. Home | uo-cah.com

My Coconut Crab will Pinch your nose off.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The missing ones are YOU!

Ill be having fun from now until Dec 31st. Usually with a group. Sometimes alone. There will be at least 20 new encounters from the 2019 High Seas update and time of year activities. You really need more mage armor from the Roof?

Yall go ahead and do what you did in 2017. Or 1998.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I also think that there are more players, at least more new or returning players. I have been checking the UO forum on Reddit over the last years, and ever since Endless Journey, the number of questions related to the official shards has overtaken the ones from free shards. It used to be the main forum of the UO free shard community in the past, but that is no longer the case. The other question that remains is: how many returning or new players are actually staying, and how much real cash are they contributing to Origin to keep the lights on? Sorry for digressing, but in any case, especially over the last 2 years since EJ launched, there is a massive influx of returning and new players.