• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Upcoming House Display Options... will it fix private houses?

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From UO.com on the 25th.... they say this is an upcoming change...

"A new client option will be available that will allow players the choice to load all public housing and see the contents."

I was thinking about the recent issue I've seen with my uncle's house where a really nice new neighbor on the north side has several dozen items that tend to become visible without stepping on the house. Private house. Its the barrel sponge (that creates potions), vet reward rugs, sun dial... along with bits and pieces of this and that. Most of these items are on "added" levels to the castle using the crafted floors and walls, and gaza mats I'm sure.

Now... I wont be using this "public house auto-load" option. I honestly think its a horrid idea... BUT when a house or small grouping of houses is out in the woods or such, it may work out just fine without the theoretical old-school memory crashes like back in 2001. Seeing Luna is the worst memory-well of the entire game, the bamboo floor exploit being fixed the other day... I dont quite understand why you would want to option in to this if you really dont want to. The people most upset were the people using the exploit, in theory. However, it would be nice to see some dialog on this without the standard snippy trolling that always tends to go on when something like this comes out.

My question... in being able to see or not see public houses... and the theory being you would never see private houses (unless you own them or have access), would they still have these same items pop up on you from a south side neighbor with a private house?

I remember years ago... it was just as bad. I owned a full classic tower behind another full classic tower... and lag got me killed a few times and I couldn't see anything recalling in. So minor pest spawn? It would have been handy, however total rubbish, to have a second account guarding in inbound defenseless crafter or a mage that couldn't defend herself. Fighters auto defend.