• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Upcoming February 6th Valentines Open PvP Tournament Discussion Thread

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Upcoming February 6th Valentines Open PvP Tournament Discussion Thread

I Strongly urge, for this thread to keep your individual talents and egos aside and focus on giving your best constructive ideas for all the topics we will cover...

-We Plan to host 4 Seasonal Tournaments(Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall) (Free Entry)
-Which will lead up to a year end ------------------- Championship----------- (Free Entry)

'Open Tournaments'(Which is this tournament and all future "Opens")

-Intermediary Tournaments between Seasons

BUY IN GOLD AMOUNT
------- Open to discussion on what a fair amount is per player entry

1 EVENT ONLY / 1 FORMAT
------- Open to discussion about what format you would like to see as a tournament (1v1, 2v2's, etc)

---------- Moving Tournament Grounds to rooftop of 18x18 (Cannot be disrupted from outside)
---------- Tram Arena (This is PvP... doesn't belong in Tram)
---------- T2A Open Field undisclosed location / ETC

FORMAT

----Tweaks to make 1v1 fair, 2v2 fair, etc

KEEP IN MIND

We will use all of this information and feedback to construct a tournament that is as fair as possible.
Orion (Soviet) and I are not getting anything from this. We are doing it for the UO community.
I think we all left off on a good note at the end of this most recent tournament, lets continue it.

DISCUSSION PERIOD UNTIL FRIDAY JANUARY 29TH

Then we will announce the official format...​

Last edited:

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Format: 1v1 or 2v2's. For 2v2's, I wouldn't mix classes: mages vs mages, dexers vs dexers. For 1v1's, BAN WRAITH FORM. I watched bits & pieces of the 1v1 tournament and it was, in a word, stupid. Didn't watch the 2v2's yet, so I can't offer an opinion.

Entry fee: 1m per player?

Location: hmm. Definitely not in Tram, because people would want to enter on Reds. Trying to think of places where people wouldn't be idiots, but none are really coming to mind; Farms/Arenas/Wrong Roof are all options, but you'd have to do MORE policing at any of them. Perhaps you could add open field 1v1 or 2v2 tournaments in addition to dueling? Or alternate between - one tournament is duel format in whatever format (I'd prefer single or double elim, but round robin could work pending # of participants), another is open field. If you add more tournaments, maybe make it a weekend long event each time: Friday night 1v1, Saturday night 2v2, Sunday nights open field fights?

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right now, it is leaning towards a single category for the next tournament and it will most likely be anything goes with no chivalry pets or summons. Stone and wraith form might be banned from use as well.

The venue will be in a new location inside a house with a raised dueling area to limit outside interference.

The cost of entry for this tournament will most likely be free.

Additional feedback has been posted here:
View topic - Feb 6th Valentines Open PvP Tournament Discussion Thread.