• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Upcoming EM event, 24 August

The Mule

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ran around killing demons for half an hour then spawned a demon that was a slasher in disguise. Rumor of a globe drop, however most said they got a martie.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lots of folks seemed to enjoy it, so that's a big plus - though purely personally, it was the sort of 'event' I really don't enjoy, a lot of very confused running about, a huge fight with things that were being killed so fast I could not target them before they died, interspersed with deaths and being frozen in place by Slashers ...

Afterwards Borbarad hinted there would be another time Lord One in two weeks, doubt I'll be there - though he also mentioned that he thought a new Europa EM had been decided on and Mesanna was speaking with them, so maybe after they are trained up we get a full time one again, much as Borbarad's work is appreciated he's stretched way too thin trying to cover both shards.

(Posted this earlier and got the 'two weeks' wrong, but for some reason could not edit the original so redid the whole thing!)

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is my reaction too. I prefer my events to entail at least a little thought required by the participants and I will also miss the next events if they are to be similar. There are plenty of spawns if I want to embark on an endless round of kill kill kill. That said, as Aurelius said, many if not most seemed to enjoy it so that is indeed a big plus. One must accept that whatever types of events are held nothing will satisfy everyone. This of course includes the actual day and time events are held. If any event satisfies the majority it must be considered successful

Last edited:

Morgana of Monglow

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Daemons....yumm they looks tasty ! Uff, due to some real life circumstances i haven't the chance to attend the Event . I'm sorry :(

Morgana of Monglow

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I missed lots of fun , thanks for the lovely screenshot :)

Does Em Borbarad mentioned or does anyone know when "Town requests" and Gov Offices will be done, planned etc etc ?

I think every Governor dropped the requested bag o' materials but...

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I personally didn't like the event at all, I think the "be a top X damage dealer on this trillion HP creature to get an item" is an increadibly stupid way to reward event participation and should be done away with.

I missed lots of fun , thanks for the lovely screenshot :)

Does Em Borbarad mentioned or does anyone know when "Town requests" and Gov Offices will be done, planned etc etc ?

I think every Governor dropped the requested bag o' materials but...
I nagged Borbarad about this after the event and he said he submitted everything to mesanna but has gotten no reply :(

It is very frustrating that our terms are almost over but ZERO has been done in order to fulfill any our city requests. Just two pointless meetings that didn't really affect anything. By the time anything gets done, completely different people may be running the show and sitting in the offices we commissioned...

Blue Fly

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I personally didn't like the event at all, I think the "be a top X damage dealer on this trillion HP creature to get an item" is an increadibly stupid way to reward event participation and should be done away with.
Not sure how the drops could be done differently. If drops were made random, as people have asked for, anyone could create a few noob chars for a chance at something who don't usually play said shard or who aren't putting in the effort. Before you know it there are 200 people at every event... There is no secret how to get high damage. If its a big deal make a new character. If you need a temp let me know. Personally I'm just glad we don't have to loot corpses any more!

I enjoy the slash and bash events! If you don't know what's going on, stay near the yellow titled EM character. Also be sure to be in the "EM Event" chat channel.

Europa is lucky that the EM from Drach is willing to help. Other wise there would be NO events. I feel the events so far have been varied well (competition, stealing event, slash and bash).

Last edited:

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have attended events for years now and visitors from other shards seeking the 'drop' have already been with us for ages. Also in evidence has been the presence of many 'Young' players from who knows where? or why?. I have always found the question of 'drops' to be questionable as they seem to be simply a means for the same/some players to obtain items which are then sold on other shards for vastly inflated prices.

SOBEIT, but I much preferred the Royal Investigator scenarios where you could obtain points simply by attending events but with a little extra effort could gain more. Sparrow reached the heady heights of 84 points with the rank of Corporal. Alas 100 points and promotion to Sergeant are forever beyond me as the system has fallen into disuse.

However the 4 sashes of rank I earned are amongst my favourite possessions and mean much more to me than any random 'drop'. I understand only 4 of us managed to attain the rank of Corporal so hopefully that means those 4 items will always remain on Europa. Mine most definitely will.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SOBEIT, but I much preferred the Royal Investigator scenarios where you could obtain points simply by attending events but with a little extra effort could gain more. Sparrow reached the heady heights of 84 points with the rank of Corporal. Alas 100 points and promotion to Sergeant are forever beyond me as the system has fallen into disuse.
Not forever, but it depends on whether the new EM picks it back up again. From what I've been told unofficially, there's no reason they cannot, but it's just the added workload of maintaining the records, the webpage, and scripting events around it preventing the stand in EM from continuing it. Appeal to the new EM when they arrive to continue it, because it really is a nice idea that rewards engagement and positive contribution.

Meanwhile, I wait to see if we actually do have a new EM, tongue well and truly bitten until then.