• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOTrace "socket error getting server list"

• Thread starter Marshall Inc.
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

Marshall Inc.

I downloaded UOTrace off the uo.com website because I've been experiencing lag spikes over the past few days and thought I'd try to pinpoint the problem. Most of the technical aspects around the program escape me, but I figure once I pinpoint the problem I can go from there to see if it's something I can fix. How do I fix this error? Thanks

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This more than likely is due to some firewall magic happening on your end.

Try this.

1. Click start
2. Click RUN
3. In the run box type cmd and press enter
4. In the black box that pops up, type the following, without quotes:

"tracert shard_name_all_one_word.owo.com"

i.e. for Lake Superior, it would be "tracert lakesuperior.owo.com"

Copy and paste the response you get in this thread, or in the other lag thread.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
yes, the ability to download the server list has actually been gone for quite some time (longer than I've been playing, in fact).

you have to hand-build the list for your own servers.

Of course, you can ALSO use uotrace to trace and poll NON-UO addresses, making it a fairly useful utility for confounding tech guys everywhere when you make a service call.