• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOSS Stratics Center Opening in the Spring???

G

Ok I'm on Chesapeake and found an interesting house near Zento.

Here is a close up of the sign.

I think it's very well done design but what is it going to be? Not sure what it is yet but anyone see a building like this on any other shards?

G

I've seen the house too, thought their roof was really nice but didn't pay much attention to the owner. It might be a player-run thing, since I've heard nothing about it from Stratics/UO staff... or it might be something new!

Either way, I wish the home was public, I'd like to see the inside of it as well!

Edit: It is actually a user-run guild (not "official" or run by UO/Stratics staff), or so my fiance says. They're a guild with a presence on several shards. *shrugs*

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I don't think that's legal!!!

I actually have a Charactor in UOSS, there are a total of 4 members and the last one to log on was Ghost Writer on March 28th.

I'd be very interested to find out who that is.

G

Yeah, that WOULD be interesting ... especially if that UOSS has nothing to do with Stratics as UOSS! Misrepresentation or something?

G

Well as far as I know it's been up there for at least 3 or so months I didn't come back to UO until early this year. Nothing has changed the couple times I've checked it out. I was just exploring shops in the area and found it. Thought it was related to Stratics and was going to be some future vendor house or something. It is north west of the town as you can see from the radar. I'd post a enlarged photo of it but the site I use is down for repairs. Also did a character search on UO.com and nothing came up for the owner's name on Chessy so whoever owns it hasn't logged that character on for at least 30 days.

G

It's being looked into ... there are UOSS Guilds on (at least) Origin and they are Stratics folks. It'll get doped out ...

G

There used to be a UOSS guild on Great Lakes and Oceania too

G

As of this post, no UO Stratics Staffer has claimed this as being their house. I cannot speak for every Staffer just yet as we were just made aware of this house. So, there is a chance this house is actually a Staffers. There is also the chance that the house is not owned by a Stratics Staffer. We're working to figure out the answer!

Here is the latest list of Shards that the [UOSS] guild tag Definitely belongs to UO Stratics Staff:

Legends
Catskills
Chesapeake
Origin
Drachenfels
Europa
Great Lakes
Lake Austin
Napa Valley
Pacific
Siege Perilous
Sonoma

This list is not to say that the shards Not listed do not have a UOSS tag run by Stratics Staff. However, when dealing with anyone from a UOSS tag on a Shard not on this list, please double check with a known Staffer on the Forums or contact [email protected] should the question ever arise.

A

Az2k

A shot in the dark here but you might want to check with Terence Duff on the chessy shard forum. I thought he used to have a "office" around zento for shard news and that kind of thing. As for the building, there used to be one of similar design in the player-run town of SilverVale and I thought duff was the name on that one also, but it has been gone for awhile now....

-Az

Nurse Miss Maude

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no UO Stratics listed as a character playing on Chesapeake Shard at this time. i don't know how far off the data base is on the UO site. i checked using the myuo thing.

G

Yeah I looked there too Miss Maude but unless they changed it I think if a character is not logged onto within 30 days it is no longer kept in the database.

Az2k I looked on MYUO also for Mr. Duff but nothing came up so the same must apply as to the house owner.

To Kayhynn, Orvago, T'Amon, and Larisa thanks for the info. I wish I had joined the forums sooner and posted this earlier. Hope you find the answer. Also just checked out the area and nothing has changed there.