• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] UOKR Fishing

D

dragonchrome

Anyone else having issues with fishing in KR? I've been double clicking my fishing pole and nada! No targeting cursor, nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

D

Dianera

Try putting it on your hotbar and setting it to target curser.

D

dragonchrome

Thanks Dianera. That helped but the main issue that I just realized is I'm a dummy. I hadn't fished in so long I forgot you couldn't be riding anything while you were trying to fish. And I didn't have my Chat window up until earlier tonight when it reminded me.

D

Dianera

You're welcome. I don't see why we can't fish while mounted. It doesn't make any sence to me seeing we can fight while mounted.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're welcome. I don't see why we can't fish while mounted. It doesn't make any sence to me seeing we can fight while mounted.
Have you ever tried or can imagine to throw a line from/with a fishing pole while you're riding on a horse (in rl)?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
well, it's possible in RL, just not convenient, and takes a bit of practice to make even bad casts. I've actually seen people flyfishing from horseback on outdoors-oriented TV shows.

The real questionable "on horseback" things in UO are

Lumberjacking (where's the leverage?).
Crafting in General (oh, yeah, I want to see someone sew a straight line on a horse, or use a forge and anvil with the sparks flying, or even saw while on a real horse - and don't even get me started on cooking, inscription, masonry, glassblowing, and alchemy). At best, bowcraft and some aspects of Tinkering might be possible while mounted.
You can't MINE while on horseback in the game (but I think you can smelt the ore while mounted), you can DIG UP A TREASURE MAP CHEST while mounted.
A horse should be too skittish for a vampire to mount.
And, I'm just sure that the drake or WW you're taming can't smell that DINNER you're riding.