• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOHomeDecor Halloween Contest ENTRIES

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The entries have been received and the cut off time has passed.

Below is a gallery of all submitted images. There will be a poll posted later today with individual links to the players submitted entries.

Thank you to all who participated and good luck!

The gallery can be found here: 2009 Halloween Contest Entries - UO Home Decor

T

Teeshy

Ooh! Really nice entries! There's some really really cool bits and pieces in there that I've not seen done before! *deletes bits of post* I started to rave about all the little gorgeous things I saw, but it'll make my post too long =P

Have to ask about the entry in the 4th image though - are those windows some of the gargoyle house tiles? Or are they in the shadow tileset? I've never noticed them before! And how did you get it to look like inside corners on the stairs in the 5th picture?

Really good entries people! =D

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jen Shard you are freaking AMAZING, it's all tied in so perfect and you didn't have many big multi million ticket items to do it with. I'm very impressed with the amount of work it musta took...tell me your secret (Depends? pee in a bottle? my god the hours involved!)

*claps*

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was really enjoyable! You know you're a big deco dork when you're sitting at your computer and looking at these contest entries and saying out loud "how cute!" and "hah!".

I'm glad I was too despondent over goza mats to enter, you guys are too fabulous to compete with!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nice job, everyone! will be really tough to say "ohhh, I like that one best"

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Darn didn't even see that there was a contest... or I would have entered.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It was stickied up top the whole time + it was posted on the UO Community Events as an All Shard contest for like a month :)

Keep an eye there for the Christmas contest

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I am hoping to start voting tonight or tomorrow. I ran into some problems with the poll program now...first the gallery, now this....but I think its due to the recent new upgrade for Wordpress that's causing it. I love technical issues...not. :)

I'll post the link here when it's up.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the maxius castle rooftop great lakes one is not on the voting list the # 23 picture

Miss Smoocher

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why thank you this is Jen its on ALT Shard Stop by and see it real its much nicer. and the only thing that took me time was the rock. but i build and deco meny homes for people i love eye candy.:popcorn:

Miss Smoocher

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i would like to know is this a live home contest or is this a anything gose contest. because the house named cheeseplant house has walls you cant even get in the game or things you cant even get and if so is this far to us who play and build real houses?

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm also not impressed about the entry coping my 2006 winning contest entry Winnie Witch (and adding 50 pounds to her). If he wins some money I want a cut!

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Don't think it's fair, but i don't think she specified real uo homes. :(
I really didn't think I had to specify "UO Homes only, not RL homes" as I received a bank design as well as real house in RL decorating entry. But let's be real folks. If the name of the site is UO Home Decor and the site is dedicated to decorating in UO, do I really need to specify further that it needs to be UO Home decorations?

Apparently I do. Christmas last year I didn't have these issues, but it looks like I'm gonna have to be as anal with these contests as I am with the RL ones I write and run for my real job.

Now, admittedly, I didn't specify you needed to do it to your house in-game. At the same time, I know plenty of folks use Home Builder to do designs, especially if they don't wanna mess up their home. Sadly I have a hard time knowing whats not available in game and what is anymore.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
only way I can think of to avoid any of this, Kayhynn, is to have a panel of judges and a week of travel time to view and post entries... judges is the wrong word, they would visit the home and submit the entries, and judging could happen on the site

but like you say, some folks might want to enter and not want to mess up their homes.... course, argument could be made "do you want to enter or do you want to pout?"

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jen really should have taken those pics in 2d would have looked so much nicer and you cant tell it in the pics but they seem together very nicely I'm half tempted to go screen shot them my self... hahah

Miss Smoocher

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i didnt take the shots my friend did for me i am good at deco not taking pics.
and i am not pouting i just think using things we cant use in the game is not a fair deal. it would be like me taking a pic of something from a diff game and using it in the pic. if you understand what i am saying.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i didnt take the shots my friend did for me i am good at deco not taking pics.
and i am not pouting i just think using things we cant use in the game is not a fair deal. it would be like me taking a pic of something from a diff game and using it in the pic. if you understand what i am saying.
You mean using home builder to design your uo house, and decorated it?
not taking the time to get in the game and actually design and deco your house?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Miss Smoocher, my words were misunderstood, I wasn't pointing a finger at anyone, twas just a generalization that a person could dismantle their current UO home and enter the deco contest or they could choose to not enter and then complain that it wasn't fair because of the choice they made....

Kayhynn, am I reading that correctly? someone sent you a floor plan or something of a real life house being renovated or under construction or something? you have my sympathies, for certain

:lol:

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Miss Smoocher, my words were misunderstood, I wasn't pointing a finger at anyone, twas just a generalization that a person could dismantle their current UO home and enter the deco contest or they could choose to not enter and then complain that it wasn't fair because of the choice they made....

Kayhynn, am I reading that correctly? someone sent you a floor plan or something of a real life house being renovated or under construction or something? you have my sympathies, for certain

:lol:
DevilsOwn: They sent me pics of their RL house decoed as Halloween Deco. I'll have to post the pics. I stared at them and blinked a few times before asking myself "How did i get a RL entry?"

As far as using housebuilder or whatever...I will admit I didn't specify it had to be done in game. And at the same time, on shards like Europa, they may have a small vendor house they can't necessarily just up and redeco.

It's kind of a catch 22. Next time I'll have to take it into consideration for future contests. I honestly never had problems with last year's Christmas contest.

T

Teils

Due to misunderstanding two of my pictures did not get posted. Thought you all might like to see the roof and first floor.

Happy Halloween

Halloween1stflr.jpg

HalloweenRoof.jpg

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aw Teils...that so sucks! Honestly I think I was lucky not to have finished my entry on time. I would have been pretty unhappy about missing pics or those voting 20 times before the polls were fixed to one per...

I still admire those who try to have contests thou.

T

Teils

=) Its okay, things happen and its all in fun anyway. I love decoing.

I thought it was always 1 per ip. I've got dsl and never had another option to vote again after the first one.

Miss Smoocher

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think your home came out nicely. let me tell you even tho my shard has much more people on it and i put runes every place and gated for hours and pushed people to vote for me i think you did well with yours

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It is now...few people told me it wasn't at the beginning.
Whoever told you it wasn't either has certain things disabled that allowed them to vote more than once or they figured out what was in place and cheated. But it was designed, from the beginning to only allow one vote per computer unless people cheated. I haven't changed anything on the voting since it started because changing anything with the settings would reset everything to 0.

I do not have it set by IP because I know, for example, my son, my husband and I have different computers running through the same router/switch.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Aw Teils...that so sucks! Honestly I think I was lucky not to have finished my entry on time. I would have been pretty unhappy about missing pics or those voting 20 times before the polls were fixed to one per...

I still admire those who try to have contests thou.
What happened with Teilis was that he sent a second e-mail saying "replace the previous pics with these" but hadn't specified he only wanted the new ones to replace three of the old ones, not all of them and I hadn't understood that. I understood it to be, delete old entry, use these instead.

As far as someone voted 20 times....I am going to go through votes at end and if I see same from same IP, they will be deleted. No one should have been able to vote 20 times as nothing was "fixed" to make it to where they couldn't vote. Nothing has changed on the polls since they were put up.

T

Teils

As I said, misunderstanding. I wasnt placing blame on anyone or whining or what not. It was simply a fyi here they are.

Here is a copy of the emails. It was, a misunderstanding.

Re: Replacement
Friday, October 23, 2009 2:19 PM
"UOHome Decor" <[email protected]>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
"Teils t" <[email protected]>

I'll add the photos in when I get the chance. I had figured you meant just replace that with these, sorry about that. Definitely wasn't clear.

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 10:40 AM, Teils t <[email protected]> wrote:

I see what happened, when I asked to replace those pictures, I meant with the original 3 of them.. BUT keep the other 2 (roof and first floor with them).. Im sorry, thats my fault I didnt specify. Is it too late to add them back with the 3 since the polls arent up yet?

--- On Wed, 10/21/09, UOHome Decor <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Re: Replacement
To: "Teils t" <[email protected]>
Date: Wednesday, October 21, 2009, 9:33 PM

There's only 3 pictures, no roof on this e-mail.

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Teils t <[email protected]> wrote:

Did I forget to add the roof to this set? I dont see the roof in the contest page..?

--- On Tue, 10/20/09, UOHome Decor <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Re: Replacement
To: "Teils t" <[email protected]>
Date: Tuesday, October 20, 2009, 9:24 AM

Received

On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 4:54 PM, Teils t <[email protected]> wrote:

Please replace my last submission with these. I've added a couple of things.

Thank you